Three Good Things Today - Part 4

Started by Kizzie, July 24, 2018, 04:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

1) I went to choir practice
2) I enjoyed singing and moving around to the music, feeling the sound waves in my body if that makes sense.
3) I put the brake on this afternoon when I realised that that, that and that extra thing were all too much and even individually too much, so I didn't do any of them. No shoulds, no musts.  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Blueberry

1) I have my new advertising up
2) New client as of today (tho not thru new advertising)
3) I washed my windows and shutters and didn't feel self-conscious about being seen doing it

Jdog

It's world mental health day (say it three times in a row and smile since YOU are taking charge of your own mental health)!

:grouphug:

Blueberry

1) I finally packed up and took a bunch of stuff to the post office and sent it off. Mostly private stuff but also one business. Some of the private stuff had been waiting around weeks or longer.

2) I treated myself by allowing myself to do a little volunteer work out on the streets for about 20 minutes. Seriously. With volunteer work, I tell myself I should be dealing with my whole backlog of other stuff first. I dealt with some backlog so allowed myself the other.

3) I'm continuing to practise not being responsible for other people  :)

Deep Blue

Quote from: Blueberry on November 10, 2018, 12:27:08 PM
3) I'm continuing to practise not being responsible for other people  :)

:applause: fantastic! That's a big one

wobbly

1. I don't remember the last time I was so happy to be home - due to being tired and emotionally drained, I was so stoked to be alone. I felt giddy sitting down with tea and netflix.
2. Autumn never ceases to amaze me. Bright red and yellow today, and when it's dark and they're falling in the light of streetlamps, it almost feels like it's snowing.
3. I've been walking a lot and my brain is doing a lot better because of it. I feel like the old is being cleared out, making room for the new.

Blueberry

Quote from: wobbly on November 12, 2018, 10:10:04 PM
3. I've been walking a lot and my brain is doing a lot better because of it. I feel like the old is being cleared out, making room for the new.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Good going!

Blueberry

It's only 8 days since I wrote 3 Good Things on here but feels like I've been stuck feeling down for weeks. That is useful to note.

Anyway:
1) I went into the garden and did a little clear up. So I was outside in fresh air, moving a bit, using my hands and seeing colours
2) I went to a concert of church music this evening. I sat all hunched up but I did manage to sort of enjoy it. Especially the singing helped re-awaken little flickers of life in me
3) I've started dealing with 3 clients for whom I have bad news

Deep Blue

1. Watched ninja turtles while cuddled with my son

2. I found some great Christmas presents for people

3. I baked apple spice cookies  ;D the house smells amazing

wobbly

A belated thanks, Blueberry! And well done to you too. :cheer: (what a perfect smiley for this thread!) Working in a garden is so therapeutic.
And you too, Deep Blue! Nothing better than a house that smells like baked goods(especially anything with apple).
I wasn't planning on doing another three, but you know what, I love reading & writing these, so here we go.

1. This past week I've noticed way more people smiling - I thought maybe suddenly my city was filled with different people, but I think the more likely truth is that I've changed. I'm more open to seeing happiness around me. It's weird, and so wonderful.
2. I'm making really good progress towards running a 10K. Running is uncomplicated, compared to other things in my life. There's a clear goal, and when I push myself to reach it, I can do it. I can't even describe how thankful I am for that simplicity. I often have little faith in myself, unfortunately, and it feels like I'm collecting bits of proof that I am bloody capable and powerful.
3. I've booked a spa day for myself this week... It's the ultimate self care for me, and it's much needed. The anticipation is almost as good as the day itself, ha. I can't wait.

Blueberry

1) I really enjoyed the ex-pat Christmas Party I went to this afternoon!
2) First time that I've made requests for specific carols - 3 in fact, ones that don't usually get sung. I really like singing English-language carols in a group  :)
3) Everybody bar one person sang today, which isn't always the case.
4) After helping clean up there, I felt invigorated to do some clean-up at home  :)

Blueberry

It's the next day for me already  ;D

1) While on the forum I've been listening to Christmas music and getting up to move around to it too
2) I know from the way I was moving and how I kept listening to certain songs 7-8 times in a row (!) that it was to re-ground myself
3)  :thumbup: to self for taking the need seriously

Blueberry

1) My therapy session was really useful yesterday in helping me clear up various odds and ends that I can now get on with in practical ways
2) My T suggested that when I go off to bed for half a day or remain there all day that it's not laziness or even hiding, it's a place where I feel safe and where I can regroup and gather up energy again to continue. Wow.
3) A friend has lent me her old bike for the time-being. Lights are working, winter tires on already and pumped up, brakes, a few gears. In short I have WHEELS again :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Yay for friends.

Three Roses