Small Acts of Loving Self-Kindness

Started by Lolly728, August 14, 2024, 01:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lolly728

Hello my survivor friends... I am new here but as I was journaling just now an idea popped up that I thought I would share here as I've got nowhere else to share it, if I'm being honest, lol. Laughing because I appreciate dark humor sometimes...

Anyway, after a really difficult 5 days where I had to relive extremely painful memories of one of my primary abusers (my mother) who died last week, I started doing something that could possibly be helpful to others.

I have been taking moments during the day to check in with myself and do something really kind and loving. Maybe it's some affirmative self-talk. Or looking in the mirror and looking at myself with unconditional love. Sometimes I even put my own hand gently on my cheek, the way my mother should have if she was capable of loving me which she wasn't. Wrapping myself in a comfy blanket. A cup of tea.

I'm going to start doing this every day, as often as I remember.

Maybe this will be helpful to some of you. Or, maybe some of you already do this? Maybe we can brainstorm together on things we can do to practice this.