hopeful for progress

Started by sanmagic7, July 15, 2026, 01:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

thanks, ZR.  i used to be a hairdresser, wore lots of wigs and hair pieces, so i'm trying to get my mind back to that way of thinking.  but i just want to cry.  maybe someday i will.  thank you for being on my side.  i hope your hair stays the way it is.  :hug:

i began reading some other posts, replied to a few when suddenly my chest got tight and i could not continue.  gotta go cuz it's getting worse.

HannahOne

Hair can be such a heartbreak. I'm sorry, SanMagic7. I'm confident you can rock being bald, wearing a wig, and anything in between, and, hair loss is a real loss, it can feel like losing a part of yourself, losing identity. It's difficult to work through. In the midst of the Great Horror of 2020-2024 I lost about half my hair due to stress. It has mostly grown back. But it was difficult and I remember well how I felt. Solidarity.

NarcKiddo

I'm sorry, San. It sucks. My hair was never great and it is getting thinner. I'd love to have the confidence to rock a wig and for once in my life have really thick, curly hair. But I agree with HannahOne that hair loss is absolutely a real loss. A girl I used to work with got alopecia and lost all of her hair, body hair and all, within the space of a few months. It was really tough for her. I totally understand why you want to cry.

 :hug: