I want revenge

Started by safetyinnumbers, July 25, 2018, 12:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safetyinnumbers

I want revenge on those who have hurt me. I am angry at them for turning me into this messed up person.
Is that wrong??

Eyessoblue

No it's definitely not wrong that you feel like that but actually getting revenge probably is;
All your inner hurt is coming through, you're probably angry and feel 'just' in your way of wanting to get even, but as much as you feel the need to do this it's not going to help you in the long run.
I too felt like that but have had to learn not to accept it but find reasons for it to justify it in my mind.
For me it's about realising that my parents also came from an abusive background and had no parenting skills of their own so therefore mirrored their parenting on me. By realising this it's some how made me understand it a bit more making me feel less revengeful.
Don't get me wrong I have days where I'm so angry about it that revenge does seem like the only way forward but I've had to deal with it as anger and learn to move my anger more appropriately.
For me to help myself I wrote them all a letter, saying exactly how I felt/feel what I think of them etc, but I didn't post the letter I set fire to it, my way of saying I've told you and now I've ended it, this could be something you could maybe try?
It's very hard to forgive people and I can't do that but I can understand it more and have to try and prove that I'm a better person then them and I've done ok so that I choose for me to not let them carry on destroying me.