Unbelievable and fantastic

Started by Charlotte, March 11, 2015, 06:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I'm fairly new here.  I've had cptsd for MANY long, tedious, painful years, both physical and emotional and super compacted.  And I'm blown away by the effectiveness of what I've found here.  There's something about the way many people post here that is deeply understanding and non-judgmental and downright beautiful!  For me, who since I was like 7, knew that I would struggle as an adult.  I looked at the people around me and thought, I don't have a chance.  And now, I look back at that child, and struggling adult, and I appreciate that I was my own advocate.  I really love that little voice that said, amidst the dominating factors, No.  This is NOT how things are posed to work.

I just needed to share that if I can feel better, and hopeful and ok about the past and future..... And I hesitate to say anyone can, because that makes it sound like I suffered more than anyone.  I just want to wholeheartedly endorse what is on here and encourage trust in the process.  Wow, ok, I got to say it. 

I'm verklempt.

:yes:

Rrecovery

Hi Charlotte and Welcome!
I'm so glad that this forum has been so helpful and hopeful for you.  I find the people here amazingly wise, loving, caring and non-judgmental too.  There is a chapter in Pete Walker's book Cptsd, that is entitled, "Silver Linings."  It discusses the upside of Cptsd.  The people here are living examples of the truth of that.  Glad you've joined us  :hug:

Kizzie

That's great to hear Charlotte!   :hug:  There  are many silver linings here  :yes:

What's verklempe??