Words are damaging

Started by Eyessoblue, August 21, 2018, 07:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Hi, I've just completed a Diploma in NLP and wanted to share what I've learn from it.
First I'd like to talk about words with no meaning such as should, can't, won't, not.
How many of us wake up and say to ourselves 'I can't get out of bed, I don't want to do that, I should have been better in that etc etc.
Words are damaging and to ourselves. Instead if we turn the should of around to I can, our brain implants a more positive I can do response, think about your self talk, what do you say to yourself on a daily basis? When I look at my 'self talk' it's totally negative of what I should have, didn't, can't wont etc, but if I can turn those one words around into I will, I can, I might do , I want to, suddenly you get a feeling of accomplishment instead of negativity, each positive word can lead to a positive affirmation and so on until eventually your brain chemistry starts changing from the negative to a positive,  give it a go yourself really fixating in the positives and notice  in your body how it feels, again go with the positive feel and start to build on that. I've been doing this for a few days now and I'm feeling so much better for it. Hope this works for you all, really trying to forget the negatives now and focus on moving forward and being positive in my life.x

Contessa

Always wanted to use these happy emoticons:

:udaman:
And
:cloud9:

I'll hold off on using more. Maybe.
Words are so powerful Eyessoblue. My teaching degree and then career taught me about their power, and also gave me an out from my negative, 'can't do' family. Well for a time anyway (cue onset of cptsd via their extreme neglect and 'can't do' attitude in supporting me...) but I digress.

As far as possible, those words have been erased from my vocabulary.

If anybody says 'should have' to me or themselves, I respond with, "shoulda woulda coulda. It's done. I/you made the best decision for the situation at the time, and now know the decision will be different next time."

I find 'you' statements very powerful too. Did you learn about them too?

Okay one more
:boogie:
:woohoo:
I lied. Two.

Eyessoblue

Contessa, yes I did, the list goes on doesn't it. Especially when my inner critic is talking, everything is about why didn't I why don't I I should have etc etc, reframing theses words his hugely positive isn't it.