My family love "him"

Started by Contessa, August 18, 2018, 10:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contessa

*TW* SA

Trying not to say the words.
I slipped out "his" name to a cousin, recalling an invalidating comment by my mother to her.
My cousin immediately replied with "I know that name. He's really good friends with (my brother's name goes here)"
I broke down. "He's my ..."

Just... help me please

Deep Blue

I'm so sorry Contessa,
Sending you love and support.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss.  Others don't know the horrible things you went through.  Take good care
Deep Blue

Contessa

Thank you Deep Blue.

This was enough for my cousin to make a profound connection for my suffering.

As a trauma sufferer herself, she empathises with what I have been through. To know that I was not only abandoned by my family when it happened, but then realise that my family has in fact kept up a close relationship with my...

This just tipped the pot over for her understanding of why I cannot get past it, and how this in fact has compounded my trauma, and most of all stumped her comprehension.

She's showering me with love and empathy. Showering me with... anger? I think... for what her beloved cousins/aunty/uncle are doing to their sister/daughter.

And learning that he is in fact the second of two hims...

Blueberry

Quote from: Contessa on August 19, 2018, 05:09:01 AM
To know that I was not only abandoned by my family when it happened, but then realise that my family has in fact kept up a close relationship with my...

Contessa, I'm so so sorry.  :hug: :hug: I say that's betrayal.

It's really good that your cousin is supporting you.

Kizzie

QuoteShe's showering me with love and empathy. Showering me with... anger? I think... for what her beloved cousins/aunty/uncle are doing to their sister/daughter.

Soak it into every part of your being Contessa, you need this   :hug: 

Contessa

Most certainly a betrayal, and the expressions of love and support have been way overdue. I hope it keeps coming.

Thank you for yours xo