Got a bug

Started by Debora, August 22, 2018, 03:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debora

Hi all,

I've am fighting a sinus and ear infection. I don't taste or smell anything and my right ear is totally blocked. My left is slowly getting there. I can't breathe through my nose if I lay down. I feel scared when I am sick and on my own. I think it's odd because I used to work as a registered nurse in intensive care managing ventilated and critically I'll people but when I have a head cold I feel scared. I don't want to be alone. I need the comfort of family....if I had a safe one. Is it just me or do others feel scared and want others around when they feel sick?

Elphanigh

Hi Debora,

I feel the same way when I am sick. It, for me, has to do with the inner child feeling like she is unsafe. Her needs may not feel like they are being met, because often as adults we still have to work or push through, at very least we have to take care of our own sick beings and that is so difficult. It is hard to be alone in those moments.

I always do things that my inner child would take pleasure from. Watching Disney movies, coloring, eating sherbert (my main go to food when sick) etc. it helps that scared feeling subside some.

Hope that helps  :hug:

Debora

Thanks Elphanigh,

My neighbour checked in on my and bought me some packets of soup and she's going to pick me up freshop soup from the shops. Just that helped me feel a little more relaxed, less scared and less alone.

Elphanigh

I am very glad to hear your neighbor was kind like that. Get to feeling better  :hug: