Want to move, but I don't have the resources to move all my personal things

Started by SunnyDays, August 26, 2018, 08:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays

Hello, have anyone being in this situation. After a disastrous depletion of resources and work and money (I've always worked and earned quite OK!), now I have a small place to escape from 2 abusers, decades of abuse as you may guess.

But I don't want to leave my computers, expensive keyboards, and specially: 3 huge boxed of DVDs full of personal information of all kind, documents (both digital and in paper),. Takes a lot of energy, time and I don't know how to escape.

Any advices, hard to think outside the box right now...

thanks,
Sunny

Kizzie

What about a delivery service Sunny?  They will pick up your boxes and take them to your new place for not a whole lot of money I suspect.  If not, do you have a friend or family member who could help out?  There may even be some not-for-profit groups in your area who help out with this kind of thing for free - maybe Google this?

Rainagain

Hi
If money is tight could you sell some stuff to have the money to save the rest?

A tough choice I know.

SunnyDays

Hello friends,

I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to reply, not because of lack of time or things like that. But because is somehow a passive triggering for me this topic. But I've read all the replies, and in fact, as I type this I'm following many good pieces of advice, like getting rid from the non essential things, and asking for help (I haven't received anything from my two "friends", which is a good signal to keep some distance from them).

Money, yes, I have some synths and computers that are quite expensive, thanks to my work in the near past. The thing or my fear is that I will need them to create my money, work. (Music and software development mainly)... But there are many (many) things that I can publish, and that's OK... but it will take more time. I'll have to do it I guess...

I hope this thread is useful for many survivors that are still in this position. I'm also considering getting back to the usual normal works I've used to do. It's hard, it's like a wall between me and the idea of earning deserved money... I have no problem with starting from 0, from scratch so to speak. But there's a mental wall, my physician is somewhat helping me and a medication helps to break that wall with a cost (less focus).

You know? I was even considering (for a moment) taking a loan, a small one. But my gut feeling is telling me not to, there are many other ways... it's amazing that I only need 400 bucks to survive... while I've earned that little amount in a week years ago, and more without difficulty.

I'll keep you posted and I will try to keep it simple and short, my story isn't more important than yours. But it helps me a LOT to express among peers. And I really appreciate it.

All the best to you, and keep on moving forward (I say this to myself and to you guys).

Sunny,
Argentina

Rainagain

Sunny days
What I realised from your last post is that the great thing about the people here is that they are trying to get by with as much determination, dignity and integrity as they can muster.

That's what connects me to this site, I know I'm in trouble but I want to do do my best to get through it with as much grace as I can manage.

I see the same attitude from others here, we are carrying a lot but still trying to go forward. Its the best side of human nature highlighted because we have experienced malevolence, the worst side.

Reminds me of the hobbit, let's all meet up at the prancing pony.......

Hats off to all of you.

LilyITV

Just catching up on your story Sunny.  I'm so excited for you!  Although you do have to make some tough choices re your personal belongings, it will definitely be worth it in the end. 

Kizzie

There are a number of organizations in Argentina who might be of some help (I can't read the language but they are from the  "Hot Peach" web site - http://www.hotpeachpages.net/samerica/index.html#Argentina)

All the best Sunny, plse let us know how things go.   :yes: