Introduction to me (possible trigger, maybe)

Started by silentasalamb, March 09, 2015, 10:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silentasalamb

I am sitting here feeling like I have come upon the promised land when I found this website. I was looking up information on PTSD because my therapist thought I suffered from a form of PTSD dealing with my DPD mother and I have found the validation for her assessment. As stated above, I am dealing with the aftemath of living with a DPD mother for 21 of the 31 years of my life. Right now, I am going through these cycles of unrelenting and unwarrented feeling of anger and comtemptment for life.  Currently, I am reverting more and more to entering fantasies to escape from this anger (something I did mnot know was a manifestation of CPTSD) and I know that I do not need to do that. I am thankful I have found this site to help work on me. I am a member of the sister site, Out of the Fog and it has helped me understand my mother's behavior and how to handle it but I am hoping this site will help me work on me and how I know act and view the worlb based on the experiences I have had. I want to thank whoever started this site because I no longer have to suffer in silence in thinking I am the odd ball out or the social outcast when it comes to this disease.

lonewolf

Welcome, Silentasalamb!  :wave:

I am new here as well. I've only been kicking around for a few days and it's already been extremely insightful and healing. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Kizzie

A warm welcome to you Silentasalamb   :wave: glad you made your way here from OOTF.  I started there and came here once I had my PD FOO sorted out and wanted to focus more on me and my symptoms.  As you undoubtedly know, when there is a PD in your life there isn't much time or energy to do so until you learn how to disengage to some extent. 

Anyway, this is a very supportive and safe community of people who all get it so you don't have to be silent and you are definitely not going to be the odd ball or social outcast!   Things just start to make sense when you begin to see what's happening (common CPTSD symptoms like emotional flashbacks) and why (normal reactions to a very abnormal situation) and there you have CPTSD - we're not crazy and our disorder is a stress disorder that is treatable.

Please have a look around and when you're settled in and comfortable post in whichever forums seem relevant to you and your situation.   :hug: