Reiterating my boundary

Started by Blueberry, August 28, 2018, 03:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Today I made progress in calmly stating my boundary and then sticking to it. Just repeating "Yes, it was nice of you to want to help me, but please don't in future, please leave that area to me, it is mine." I didn't allow myself to be side-tracked by this person's justifications about why she was doing work in my part of the garden, why she thought it was somebody else's (not mine) :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah:

I ended the conversation by leaving, as the person was trying to dump her concerns about the landlords on to me and wasn't taking my suggestion that she speak to ll herself on board. She wanted me to do the work.  :no: uh, uh.You gotta do it yourself.

:cheer:

Hope67

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Well done Blueberry - that is great!
Hope  :)

Kizzie

Awesome BB, you go girl  :thumbup:     :applause:     :cheer:   Life is so much better with boundaries  :yes:

Blueberry

Thanks everybody  :boogie: :sunny: :)

It occurred to me a few hours later that a long, long time ago a counsellor told me that you can set a boundary without raising your voice, showing anger etc. Of course with my FOO and background, I was like  :blink: :blink:  :blink:
But now I'm doing it.  ;D

Kizzie

Three Roses

QuoteShe wanted me to do the work.  :no: uh, uh.You gotta do it yourself.

:applause: :applause: love it!