A documentary about physical and mental abuse (and others of course)

Started by SunnyDays, September 04, 2018, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays

Dear peers,

today I've had the idea of expressing myself with a serious, well done, documentary. Covering the effects of this exact pattern everywhere.

I don't want to expose myself since I'm still surviving inside a very abusive family. Anyway, I'm gathering and buying many books on this huge topic, in order to increase public awareness. Especially in the science community.

I want to use a pseudonym, I think it is legal and bounding.

Anyway, what do you think of this? I want to show extreme pain and triggering (for us) situations so "they" can actually feel a bit of our messy life and work for thriving and recovering.

It is work for me, and it is something with meaning... what do you think? Is this a good idea. I want to do it "explicit" (not sexually explicit), but I want to show people crying nonstop every single night for physical abuse (like spanking without motive), and mental brutal abuse when we grow and its effects.

I want to have an extreme care of not "excite" people but to feel (and understand thru empathy our pain).

It will be hard so I need your emotional support and wisdom because it will be like a cognitive therapy approach for me. But I CAN.

First I will create a simple trailer...
Please share your opinions, I will hear all the points of view, and try to do my best. Even while this is triggering for me...

Love,
Sunny

Kizzie

I see you are buying a lot of books Sunny, I hope this means you were able to get the money to move. Anyway, I wanted to mention that there are lots of videos on YouTube about having Complex PTSD if you want to have a look. 

Three Roses

To be honest, since you are asking for opinions, I would not watch what you have described.  :no:  :sadno:

SunnyDays

Quote from: Kizzie on September 05, 2018, 04:43:14 PM
I see you are buying a lot of books Sunny, I hope this means you were able to get the money to move. Anyway, I wanted to mention that there are lots of videos on YouTube about having Complex PTSD if you want to have a look.

Hello,

Yes indeed, and asking professionals and survivors like us.

I've been watching many YT, Vimeo channels/Videos (Way often), assisting to live chats, reading a lot online (carefully with a critic mind), and I've been in therapy for about +10 years (psychological and psychiatric for the panic attacks) way back since in the early 2000's)... plus, well... my own life.

What I haven't seen on Youtube, Vimeo and mainstream media like Netflix is: a compelling, easy way to reach out"normal" people.
I want to explain to them what it is like to live in the aftermaths of this sempiternal hellish event, without repeating my stories over and over, and being triggered sometimes naturally... or at least being unable to resume it / make it short properly. And it's a bit... exhausting.
So this is driving me towards something with meaning. In a serious way.

You're right, I've bought From Surviving to Thriving, What's wrong with you Dad? and others... and it won't stop there.

Oh, I currently study music therapy as a second career/profession in the University, it includes tons of psychology from many schools of thought.
This motivates me quite a bit! since I've felt stuck for CPTSD-heavy related reasons from 2012... after being into my family narcissistic house again, imagine that... (I've thought it would be for 4 months and I'm still here, coming and going and still attempting). For many reasons but I guess you can imagine.

I've been also in cognitive recovery, in a free and open guided group (I've really studied many books there),
and I sometimes visit forums (actually only this one as it is way enough for me for now and the members are nice and the broad of topics is simply amazing).

So, yes, I'm doing my homework...

In my job I use to professionally work with music (composer producer, etc), work with and as voice-over professional... some done in the States and some in other countries, translation works, and fortunately (actually following my gut feelings) have contacts in the mainstream media world, at least enough...
So I think it worth a shot, seriously.

I love that the awareness is increasing in mainstream shows like the Netflix / CBS S.T. Discovery (There's an episode about PTSD even when we talk about CPTSD). That's great!

While in the last two years I'm on a speed healing curve, just a few months ago I finally 'get it', and all the pieces fell into place. So simple!

Thanks to many of the mentioned activities, it was only this year that all the information I've gathered over decades felt into place. 

We tend to be very creative and smart people, we are being told (or used to be told) we are not. Which as we know: it isn't the case at all.

I'm also in contact with institutes from Australia and my country. And I'm preparing now to exchange opinions a place from Japan (there's a very interesting institution in Tokyo).

The twist about what I'm trying to create is to make a triggering, emotional, put in my shoes for a minute film.
A bit explicit, maybe  :Idunno: (some drawings and acting)... It certainly won't be emotionally easy for me, but I can do it.
Because at the same time, the value of this drives me forward!

Thanks in grand part to online places like this one, and people like you guys.

Love,
Sunny

SunnyDays

Quote from: Three Roses on September 05, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
To be honest, since you are asking for opinions, I would not watch what you have described.  :no:  :sadno:

Well, good to know and I understand. By opinions, I mean people (professionals) that are not a narc and are informed. And opinions from people that's on the way to recovery just like me.
I mean, I have my POV, but everybody has a one... that's why I joined this forum and talk to other people. Remember that my goal, for now, is not ourselves... since it may be triggering, but for people who still don't get it. Especially professionals that aren't up to speed, but some are.

Like our other friend said, YouTube is plenty of EXCELLENT material, some of that made me realize that I'm recovering from CPTSD (didn't even knew the acronym).
But now I know... and that's good news.

I can tell you this, it will have a POV and some people may and will disagree with it. But my key points are simple: CPTSD is real, and both personal and public awareness is good.

Best,
Sunny

SunnyDays

Quote from: SunnyDays on September 06, 2018, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: Three Roses on September 05, 2018, 06:16:27 PM

Well, good to know and I understand. By opinions, I mean people (professionals) that are not a narc and are informed. And opinions from people that's on the way to recovery just like me.
I mean, I have my POV, but everybody has a one... that's why I joined this forum and talk to other people. Remember that my goal, for now, is not ourselves... since it may be triggering, but for people who still don't get it. Especially professionals that aren't up to speed, but some are.

Like our other friend said, YouTube is plenty of EXCELLENT material, some of that made me realize that I'm recovering from CPTSD (didn't even knew the acronym).
But now I know... and that's good news.

I can tell you this, it will have a POV and some people may and will disagree with it. But my key points are simple: CPTSD is real, and both personal and public awareness is good.

Best,
Sunny

Oh, I've misunderstood. I was re-reading my original post, so I reply to your question.
You see, I was trying to talk about this petit project with someone of value, that's on my shoes more or less.
Can you elaborate, please?...   :Idunno:

In other words, Why you would be probably not interested in something like this film simply because I want to get some valuable feedback and/or comments and even critics. I don't really "need it" since I know my life. But I don't want to create an auto-biography. It isn't the purpose of this "informational"/awareness increasing film. I may be wrong in some things, so I approach it in a scientific peer-reviewed fashion you can say (it's a simple analogy), or maybe I don't know some colours of the whole spectrum of CPTSD: Yes, the basics are the same, worldwide. But there are subtle differences in POVs, I think dialogue is a good thing.
But may I be missing something (probably) or maybe I was not clear about something?

I'm truly curious.
I mean I know what I want to do, but there's a broad spectrum of kind of traumas.

Anyway, love to you Three Roses!  :grouphug: