Abandoned by psychologist

Started by Debora, September 11, 2018, 04:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debora

I need my old psychologist back. I yearn for her....or my inner child does. She was my primary attachment figure the closest to a safe loving moyher that i never had and have deeply yearned for my whole life and though she has deeply traumatised me, I need her! It's like a terrifies child needing their mum and her abandoning them. My inner child is rocking in intense distress and just calling for her. It's so painful!! The adult part of me can see what the psychologist did was harmful and can see its not black and white but my little child doesn't understand and I just need her back. I'm stuck in a horrible terrifying place of abandonment and there's no relief. No other safe person to go to. I feel worthless.

Kizzie

I re-read your posts Debora and I can understand you are not willing to go back to a T at the moment, to try volunteering as a way of connecting with others, or that there aren't any support groups near you. Beyond posting here though you need to find some way to lift yourself out of your isolation and depression.  Only you know what might work for you - is there anything else that you can think of that would help?     

In another post I mentioned there are some organizations such as Befrienders Worldwide where you can talk by telephone to someone empathetic and compassionate, who will just listen without judgement.  Did you try that?  If not you might give them a call so you talk to a live live person who can provide some comfort and support.

Debora

Hi Kizzie, I am trying both new therapists and volunteer work so not sure why you think i wont do those things. haven't tried Befrienders yet I don't think we have them in Australia.