Hello recently received CTPSD Diagnosis

Started by NickyS, September 17, 2018, 09:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickyS

Just wanted to say I am glad to have found this support group.
My Abuse was from my Father and involved physical and emotional and sexual abuse .
I attend therapy fortnightly it is hard having multiple challenges I also am high functioning autistic and that caused me to have severe anxiety anyway.
It also made me an easy target  for predators.
I can't read non verbal body language or read people at all really. My mental health issues started at 11 but it was just put down too depression and anxiety.
My Father would be in jail now if he was alive as there are witnesses still here but he died before he could take responsibility for his actions.
I don't want to say anymore on my first post.
Thankyou for listening

woodsgnome

:heythere: Hi, NickyS

I hope OOTS can provide some solid support for your current trek through this awful set of circumstances. Sometimes it's very hard to figure all this out alone, and sometimes even in-person friends can make things worse, given that it's very hard for other people to know what any of this is like on the inside.

So having a forum like this can help. Speaking personally, I've been helped just knowing 1)there's others who've gone through this out there; and 2)I've run across info, ideas, and links that were helpful. One danger is that sometimes there's a lot of pain that goes with it, and it can be challenging as many here are also highly empathetic and it hurts to realize just how bad some of this gets.

On the whole, though, OOTS is a positive experience. Welcome again. 

NickyS

Thankyou so much for your reply and what you have said makes a lot of sense.

Blueberry

Three Roses

Hello and welcome! I'm glad you are here.  :yes:

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome Nicky  :heythere:   I hope OOTS can help you with info and support  :yes:

NickyS

Thankyou so much for the replies everyone it has made me feel so welcome