Now I get it

Started by Annegirl, August 29, 2014, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annegirl

Lots of times I quit relationships, jobs because I wanted to get away from certain people that made me afraid. Something you said Kizzie that those people triggered you and made you have flashbacks. Now I realise that's what was happening. I have done this recently with a lady about my mother's age from the church, all she wanted to do was come every Friday and read cs Lewis book chapters to my children to help me out. But when my daughter got up to get a drink of water while she was reading she said something like " don't get up again" and I freaked out and told her that we won't do the story reading but she can come to my daughter's birthday ( because I knew my husband would be home)
Now she doesn't come anymore, which I am relieved about but also confused because I know she meant well.

Kizzie

Yes, wish I had known now what I didn't then about EF's - quitting jobs sure plays havoc with your resume.

What was it about what the woman said that triggered you do you think?

Annegirl

Hi Kizzie,
what is EP? ( ill look it up on that page you put up about abbreviations)
I think what triggered me was that she was trying to control their actions. any type of controlling person freaks me out.

Kizzie

It's probably an error Anne - where dis you see it and I'll change it?  Probably should have been EF.

hopeless

If anyone ever "yells" at me, I'm done.  With the exception of my husband and my boss, if someone "yells" at me, I will never trust them again. 

Badmemories

Quote from: Annegirl on August 29, 2014, 09:42:37 PM
Lots of times I quit relationships, jobs because I wanted to get away from certain people that made me afraid. Something you said Kizzie that those people triggered you and made you have flashbacks. Now I realise that's what was happening. I have done this recently with a lady about my mother's age from the church, all she wanted to do was come every Friday and read cs Lewis book chapters to my children to help me out. But when my daughter got up to get a drink of water while she was reading she said something like " don't get up again" and I freaked out and told her that we won't do the story reading

Reading this over for ME the the shock in the women's statement was  don't get up again"  It would have been better for her to say. Does everyone need a drink now? lets get up and all get drinks and then we can continue. I think the problem was like you said HER CONTROL ACTIONS got to you.. It was probably a statement that sounded like your FOO.

The great thing is that YOU realized it!

Annegirl

:) thank you for that Badmemories, I feel much better about my decision now.
Not that I ever really regretted it because I did what made me most comfortable.
Thank you

Badmemories