In the wrong support group

• 18 Replies

Eyessoblue

• View Profile
Re: In the wrong support group
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 11:49:54 AM »
Snail pace; thatís really worrying isnít it. These people arenít equipped to work with people like ourselves, not their fault but the desperation within the nhs to get staff to work for them shows that they go to any level. I guess in theory they may feel any help is better then no help but after my experiences of being in the wrong therapy or with a therapist who isnít trauma trained has been severely damaging to me and set me back a long way itís definitely two steps forward and ten steps back!

SharpAndBlunt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 02:50:56 PM »
snailspace that's really interesting. And a bit depressing.

It's funny I always wondered how qualified some of the people were, suspecting they were merely ticking boxes.

memorex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 01:23:20 PM »
Im sorry to hear this, and sad to say I've been through very similar things-I think its partly the lack of proper funding and resources in Britain. I was put in wrong groups, waited for months, had my files lost, etc.

In the UK, they give you about 6 sessions of CBT for free. In Germany, I hear they give you sessions of whatever therapy is the most appropriate-and you can have about 250 of them.

Not kidding. The UK is a mess.

Eyessoblue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
Memorex oh really thatís great in Germany, but like you say a mess over here.