Practices for Resilience

Started by DontPanic, October 03, 2018, 02:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontPanic

There's a website from Rick Hanson with 52 simple practices for enhancing or building resilience. resilience is which is exactly what I need for coping with the effects of PTSD. I haven't tried all and everything, I've used it as a toolbox and found the things I tried very helpful.
The site is: https://www.rickhanson.net/writings/just-one-thing/just-one-thing-simple-practices/
If you try some of it, I'm interested in your experiences, if you want to share.

Blueberry

I don't know why but the website puts me off so I'm paying attention to that and not forcing myself.

I do want to add though that therapists and I spent a lot of time building up my resilience before we got onto deeper therapy. Things like being mindful about positive experiences, even just noticing the first flower of spring or a spot of sunshine coming through the window pane. This also built up my experience of joy and helped me actively search for it. There's probably a lot more to it on the website you linked. I hope it helps you a lot.