Problems and finding their origins

Started by SharpAndBlunt, September 26, 2018, 01:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharpAndBlunt

Hi, reading a lot recently about FOO and NPD and it's clear to me my FOO have big issues.

I have 5 siblings, which for me really complicates things. I think we all trigger each other pretty badly.

My question is, with regard to triggering others in my FOO, I am terrified that it *is* actually all my fault?

I seem to be the one who gets blamed for not living up to some ideal of theirs. Like I am the one causing their problems. I don't know if it's because I'm the youngest. I do try to keep myself to myself and live quietly and not to cause any issues. But at get togethers my manner seems to cause great offence to those who are more outgoing and assertive. These people don't really care what effect their opinions have on others btw.

I do know that we have never lovingly supported one another. We do try and get along but it is almost impossible. I feel tiny little cliques form and move around and I usually am on the outside, but when for example I'm communicating with one sib i also can imagine the resentment from a couple of the others.

I often get the fear that I am the NPD and actually it's me and my passive stance causing the problem.

Three Roses

In my opinion, true narcissists never question whether they are the one causing upheaval. N's are central in their own universes, and other people are merely orbiting, reflecting the N's lofty opinion of themselves. And if imbalance comes to the N's universe through the "misbehavior" of one of the orbiting planets, correction is swiftly given or the orbiting planet is rejected.

Hold fast to what you know is true, the others be damned. You don't have to toe the line, draw your own. ❤️

SharpAndBlunt

Draw my own line  :) Thank you Three Roses. I am going to hold on to that.

I think maybe this tendency to blame myself is not helping. Because of the amount of people involved it gets complicated really quickly. Its all a bit of a mess. I don't really blame any of us, not really. It is the parents who were at fault. All I will keep trying to do is come to terms with how I feel and try to take it from there.