Feel trapped

Started by Wattlebird, October 18, 2018, 12:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wattlebird

Trigger warning SI
Ok I have a personal dilemma - I have a job I started a year ago at home, it is a major renovation type job without being specific, that is closely related to my profession, I have mounting pressure to finish it, there are fines involved if I don't hurry up, (just got a big warning in the post) my hubby is losing patience and I feel totally inadequate to the task, hubby feels I am very capable but if I stuff it up it will be a costly mistake 10s of thousands, I really don't have an option of hiring someone else to do it, so in my mind I'm thinking divorce or SI keeps occurring when I think about the situation, it's just ideation but shows the levels of distress it's causing I feel like a failure for not doing it yet but I am so worried about getting it wrong.
Actually I think one of the major problems is I feel like I'm being forced to do something I am incapable of doing ( reminding me a lot of a traumatic experience in my teens where the result were catastrophic ) t agrees I should never have been forced to do the job as a teen but it happened anyway. How do I find the confidence to do this I am qualified a good at my profession but I think it's the situation that is messing with me so much.
:aaauuugh:

Three Roses

Maybe you're having an EF?

milk

Feeling trapped is YUCK! Luckily feelings are temporary. Executing a plan of action that feels right for you and gets the job done —- is a solution that could make you feel,...

A possible strategy: set boundaries to create a healthier situation to complete the Job?

sending positive thoughts your way

Wattlebird

I think I am having ef, once I wrote it out like this I can see that clearer, I am going to break it down into manageable chunks, and talk to t about the efs tomorrow, thanks for the support   :grouphug:
I am already starting to feel better about it knowing its  efs and not the end of the world (so to speak)

Boy22

All I can say is when I have faced similar situations I have managed at some point in my panic to realise "I have done this before, I can do it now."

It is a challenge for sure.

But we both know that you can do it.