A good day

Started by Rainagain, October 28, 2018, 10:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainagain

Minor success I'd like to mention.

I've just had a good day, they are rare.

I managed a social occasion last night which is also rare, it went well, I actually enjoyed it.

I felt warmth from the people there, like I was accepted.

I tend to drink too much when I go out (anxiety? Dunno) but didn't go mad this time, there were quite a few drunken people by the end, I wasn't one of them. A small success.

Today was a still and sunny day (also rare where I live), I could really appreciate the beauty of where I live, I often don't think about it properly.

I just felt alive for a change, like a normal person.

It quietens the negative intrusive thoughts.

Can't remember having such a nice day for a very long time, if I could have one every month or so I'd be satisfied, just have to try to recreate this feeling.

Boy22

Three Roses

LilyITV

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: So glad you had a good day and hope you have many more!

Also I loved how you ended your post 
Quotejust have to try to recreate this feeling.
I'm realizing I spend just about all of my time trying to avoid negative things that I miss out on a lot of good experiences.  This is something my therapist has been trying to drill in me since day one. 

Rainagain

The avoidance is a natural reaction, but its not healthy long term.

I don't know what is helpful anymore, keeping isolated feels right but its damaging.

But other people are damaging too, not much to choose between them really.

Living defensively can't work, life is uncertain and unsafe so you can't avoid stuff, it seeks us out.

Better to build up how we cope, but its tough to do.

I'm on day 2 of feeling OK, I even coped with something I have previously not coped with, I'm a bit stronger all of a sudden.

milk

:cheer: 'just have to try to recreate this feeling'

I am with you on that, rainagain :  )
like LilyTV highlighted - a  beautiful way forward

:applause: 'I even coped with something I have previously not coped with, I'm a bit stronger'

Rainagain

Thank you guys.

I'm still feeling better, I find it sort of amusing as there's no reason for it.

Important to notice the better days, maybe recovery is about the good stuff and not worrying about all the crazy symptoms, I've recognised a lot of them by posting on here. Even my frightening outlandish stuff isn't unusual on here.

If understanding them has allowed acceptance of them and in turn given me some sort of handle on things that might explain it.

But I'm not going to dwell too much on stuff, don't want to jinx things.

One day at a time.

Blueberry

Quote from: Rainagain on October 30, 2018, 10:50:24 AM
I'm still feeling better ...

Important to notice the better days,

One day at a time.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  :thumbup:  :applause:

Kizzie

:yeahthat:

Kudos to you Rainagain, sounds like sweet progress to me  :yes: