The Healing Porch - Part 5

Started by Kizzie, November 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Wouldn't it be amazing if we could actually gather together one day on the healing porch? Having trouble sleeping tonight and it would be lovely to wrap up in a blanket, head outside to the firepit with a cuppa hot chocolate, sink into a chair and enjoy the moon and stars and crisp autumn night with some of you.

Deep Blue

Yes Kizzie that would be amazing!  I can feel everyone's spirit here which really helps.

I love the smell of a fire pit.  I just made some apple cider cookies with cinnamon chips IRL so I'll bring you some of those too. 

Elphanigh

I would adore that. You all would be such amazing company. I am here tonight too, still feeling under the weather but mending. I have therapy and group the next two nights irl so hopeful my body can handle the emotional impact.  :hug:

Those cookies sound wonderful Kizzie! Perfect fall treat. I am going to wrap up in a blanket with some cookies and just soak up all the positive energy of this community.

Three Roses

Yes! A mug of hot cocoa or cinnamon-apple tea with those cookies, a cozy quilt and some soft music with my friends sounds amazing.  :grouphug:

Kizzie

Ummmm Deep Blue's freshly baked cookies to boot! How lovely that would be IRL? (Pretty darn good in my head though too)  ;D

Wattlebird

I'm hanging out on the porch today I need some self care  :fallingbricks:

Elphanigh

I am coming to rest here today. I realize even with being sick I haven't truly rested irl. So hopefully coming here will remind me to slow down a moment, that pausing is okay.

I brought peppermint hot cocoa, and home made chai if anyone wants some. Along with candy canes and pumpkin rolls. I am feeling food/drinks from both holiday seasons today, so just going to accept that and bring it all.

I have a book and some gentle music. I think I will even go for a walk in the trees, and maybe do some yoga (haven't been able to since I got sick). Will be happy alone today, but would also love some company. There is always a puzzle or some cards out.  :hug:

woodsgnome

I hope it's okay to bring a special friend to the porch. I don't use that description lightly -- the friend is my inner child (the 16-yr.-old version, who probably had the darkest time and hardest struggles, being on the verge of adulthood and yet in many ways not even out of emotional/psychological infancy).

Still shy, it's fun to see his love for feeling part of the outdoors (denied to him in youth). So we came here by canoe; he was awe-struck by the woods and wildlife we encountered en route. Once here, on the porch I found the chest with art supplies, gathered up what we needed and headed for the shore.

There we arranged some kindling, split some larger wood chunks, and started a fire. Once in a while, we wrote out 'forget' notes, then burned them, watching the smoke disperse some awful memories that haunt us. Next we turned to the art supplies.

We decided on a collage (my inner child was once devastated by what an art teacher did to him). Cutting and pasting a combo of pics and printed material from magazines and comic books, we came up with a new 'picture journal' of how we'd like this life -- this new life -- to be for us. If it isn't obvious, we love to dream; we need to create, to restore our lives and have hope even as we give up the past.

My inner child was happy; overjoyed, really, that somehow he'd finally been allowed to be fully himself, and to have discovered this in a spirit of play and creativity. In the end, the healing porch and surroundings lived up to its name.

Thank you to all who maintain this place of refuge where we're allowed to be ourselves.

Blueberry

Welcome to 16 year old you! The process you're going through with him, well, I feel rather wordless but it sounds very healing and I hope it is that way for you both.

Three Roses

How lovely that he was able to come here and enjoy the beauty of this place! Of course he welcome, he's one of us.

sanmagic7

:yeahthat:

gonna be here tomorrow.  brain-dried today, altho i got some great work done.  i'm happy and tired, want to rest under a blanket of peace just knowing i'm surrounded by the best people i've never met.  chex mix for crunching. 

Hope67

I am so glad that I came to the Porch - because reading what you wrote, Woodsgnome, and meeting your friend - your 16 year old inner child, and how you enjoyed nature and the collage - it is beautiful to hear that.  I related to things you wrote there - it touched my heart and my soul - thank you.
Hope  :)

Deep Blue

I'm tired today. I didn't sleep very well last night.  I had lots of nightmares.

Gonna be here today and would really like some calm company.  I'm happy to do a puzzle or just chat.  I'm sipping some hot cocoa and sitting by the fire pit.  I like low crackling sound of the flames. I have a weighted blanket on because the world is making me feel on edge

Wattlebird

Hi DB
I am going to hang out on the porch tonight, hope you enjoy the fire pit, I'm just gunna sit and rest awhile.