The Healing Porch - Part 5

Started by Kizzie, November 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elphanigh

Db, I wil be here too. I had some new memories surface and lots of somatic stuff going on today.

Calm company will be nice. I am up for anything as long as it is not loud or jumpy. 

I am inviting teenage me and 2 year old me to be here if they want or feel safe. They are both friendly but both feeling the memories and fears differently today. 

Elphanigh

Adult me has to be at work today, and my little ones are making that difficult (which is not their fault they have been through a lot in the last 24 hours). So I am going to invite them here, my two year old self just needs a safe space to explore and rest. She is self sufficient because this is a magical place, but she does love company as long as you promise not to startle her. I will be in and out of here to make sure she has everything she needs, but I have to be split focus today so I am glad she can have a safe space to play and nap as needed

Deep Blue

I have her Elpha,
She's been hanging with me making some puzzles.

She wanted some hot cocoa with extra marshmallows. I'm glad she's here, cuz though I'm feeling much better, I still wanted some company. 

My son loves a heating pad shaped like a panda bear and I gave her one shaped like a gingerbread girl

Elphanigh

Deep blue, thank you so much for watching her today  :hug: :hug: I do not have words to express how much that means to me. She loves the idea of the gingerbread girl shaped one. Also you hit it right on the nose with extra marshmallows, she would eat those all day if you let her  ;D It is honestly still something as an adult that I load my cocoa up with. It brought such a big smile to my face and a giant relief to know she has good and caring company today.

I sat with her yesterday and we both hurt all day, so knowings she is getting some much needed attention and hopefully fun time is great.

She loves having the attention, she never got much of it when she needed it before. I love this place so much, truly magical somedays.

I hope you continue to feel better as well Deep Blue. Feel free to keep her as long as you would like today, and she is always there for a hug or puzzles if you need her. Much like my adult self is for you too.

Elphanigh

Coming here in need of comfort today. Will have warm tea and blankets full of comfort and compassion. It will be warm and safe while I try to keep focusing irl through this. I will be in my favorite chair with a furry animal or two letting me love on them a bit.  :hug:

sanmagic7

ems and i are both here today, sweetie.  i conjured up some warm gingerbread cookies and hot cocoa.  just want to rest, but i'm near you, quietly, with my own warm blanket and rocking chair. 

Elphanigh

I would love some gingerbread cookies and cocoa, that is perfect. I am actually feeling better and want to go just take a walk around. Will me here if you need anything, but otherwise just happy to be outside and walking a bit.  :hug:

Elphanigh

I am coming here tonight to just be and rest. Tomorrow is going to be a hard day irl and I am just hurting tonight.

I found my favorite chair on the porch with a giant fuzzy blanket that is this beautiful dusty pink color. It is full of comfort and safety. On one of the corners is a stitched dream catcher, kind of like one that I have of my grandmothers. True Native America dream catcher that was passed down from the part of my family that lived on their tribal lands. That always symbolizes strength and resilience for me. It's imprtant that it is on this blanket.

I also made tea and have a book if I want it. Gentle company is okay but I may not have much to say tonight  :hug:

Elphanigh

Resting here today.  :zzz: :zzz: I am worn out from emotions, but also just sleepy from a few late nights in a row. I have grabbed a giant blanket full of reassurance and safety. Think I will allow myself to dose off for a bit this morning, but then I will get up and work on drawing or a puzzle. Maybe a combination.

sanmagic7

taking a break.  my cold has flared up, it wants to get in the other ear.  just need to relax now.  rocking chair, pillow for my back, and the back of my neck, cuddle up in a blanket of safety, calm, peace.  listen to the ocean and just be with my friends here.  sounds soooo good.

Wattlebird

I will be here tonight, I just need some peaceful vibes and an escape.

Three Roses

I'm going to be here tonight. I'm building a large fire and all are welcome. There will be an atmosphere of peace around the fire, and quiet, hopeful expectancy. I'll have all the supplies handy to make s'mores if anyone wants them. Maybe we'll be able to see a fireworks display, I do love them. 💥☄️💫🌌🎉🎆

Elphanigh

I would love to join you for that fire Three Roses  :hug: This magical place will allow my leg to feel better for an evening, not limiting me because of some injury I have managed to sustain irl. Can't want to enjoy some smores and maybe even those fireworks on the porch tonight  ;D

Deep Blue

Happy New Year to you all.  I miss my friend today.  I want to sit here and rest and am hopeful for better things this coming new year

Jdog

Happy New Year to everyone here, and I wish for peace in our world in 2019.  It's good to be here with all of you, sitting by the fire and just being quiet together.