The Healing Porch - Part 5

Started by Kizzie, November 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Happy New Year everyone! I joined you here on the Porch from my bed last night. I shall grab a blanket which eases sore and tired feet and legs.

woodsgnome

Coming here to chill out or whatever it's called ... too befuddled for words of any sort, just seeking peace for a most troubled and agitated state of being. Speaking of peace ... I wish I could just  :disappear: but this would be good too --  :zzz:

sanmagic7

i've been thinking of this place lately, haven't visited for awhile.  i think i'll stay here the rest of the day.

i want to add something that i don't think we have here yet - if we do, just ignore this.  i'd like some bench swings here.  one at the cabin on the lake (no mosquitoes), one with an awning at the beach.  both would be filled with comfy, cushy pillows and cushions, cupholders or whatever might be needed for snacks. 

i'm going to sit amongst the trees, looking out over the lake, my newest book, and lemonade.  there's enough for everyone.  maybe snooze a bit, but glad to have company if someone wants to engage in idle chatter.  it will be magically warm, comfortable.   just one of those kind of days.

Not Alone

Sanmagic, thank you for the lovely porch swing. I am enjoying rocking gently, seeing the trees bending gently in the breeze, feeling the warmth on my face. I am hearing the songs of several kinds of birds. Their music is lovely and soothing.

Elphanigh

I think I saw this on the exact day I needed to be reminded that this place exists.  :grouphug: It reminds me of Wife2, and honestly makes me miss her some.

Anyways I am so glad for the swings San, I think I will siting on of those with a blanket and a book. Just need a place of peace and rest right now. Will even magically allow myself to doze off and not fall off. Even better I want one of those round ones that looks like a papasan hanging rather than a bench so I can curl up with lots of fluffy things and try to sleep for a bit after reading.

sanmagic7

i'm with you about missing wife2, el. 

since this place is magical, your swing can take any shape it likes.  all the cushions and pillows and other soft things you may want. 

notalone, i'm glad you're enjoying the swing.  i love birdsong, too.  that and a gentle wind thru the trees are some of my favorite kinds of music. 

Elphanigh

San, I am glad I am not the only one with that.  :hug: :hug: I always found such comfort and wisdom in here words. You both really made me feel a part of this place when I first started here. It meant more than I think I could have ever expressed back then.

I am glad my swing can take any shape. I sure to adore the magic here. I am going to go on a walk and maybe find a tree to climb and sit in for a bit. Just listening to the birds and enjoying some peace. Then back to my swing for a much deserved nap.

Elphanigh

Going to rest here for a little while. I honestly could use some down time and just true rest this afternoon. Hopefully this shall all pass but today is difficult, irl. So I am going to drink some tea and maybe have a walk around the trees and water.

Wattlebird

I am going to hang out here tonight and maybe do some drawings, listen to a book, and try to calm my agitation down.

woodsgnome

Lots of times are like this; no matter what I do or try or want to, these feelings weigh me down. The feelings could be described as a lingering sadness, weariness, or something akin to feeling at the edge of my disappointment with life. My name for these weary feelings simply: the Ache. The Ache is actually always present, whether I notice it or not. I notice it now, and so I'm headed off to my favourite place of refuge -- the healing porch.

Others have come here before, during, and after their own Ache, when It seemed like all was so lost, that nothing mattered anymore, but somehow/someway we felt drawn to seek out this one last place of refuge. And so I've come here now.

Not knowing what I'll find -- probably just that special sort of peace that is built in here, where no one will ever hurt me again. Thoughts will be okay, but it's the healing most come for. Maybe I'll build a campfire by the water, brew and sip some tea, and for sure curl up in a nice warm blanket, knowing that sweet feeling of safety.

Simple and profound.

That's all.   :zzz:    :zzz:   :zzz:

Jdog

Woodsgnome-

I'm happy to sit and share your campfire, if it's ok.  We could look at the stars and marvel at the fact that we exist at all in this vast universe.  The strength we draw from being part of the natural world may give us some peace.

woodsgnome

Thank you, Jdog.

In the 'normal' world, I'm very careful about company, for the usual reasons. But here, I welcome you and anyone from OOTS to join me; as I know you get it. Better yet, I sense the sincere love behind wanting to share those beautiful aspects of life found here by the healing porch.

Here we know it's safe to dare connecting. Even the tears that sometimes  blur things can't cover the joy of such connections -- with nature, people and a world where it's more than okay to 'just be'. 

Jdog

Thank you for allowing me to share space with you here, Woodsgnome.  And may you find some places in your everyday world where it's ok to just "be", as well. :hug:

SharpAndBlunt

Hi guys, if you don't mind I'd like to join you out here for a while, too. I just want to hang out and be at peace for a bit.

I'll bring a blanket and a book and cup of tea  :)