The Healing Porch - Part 5

Started by Kizzie, November 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

Plenty of room, S&B- settle on down and enjoy the warm fire and the quiet company.

Blueberry

I could do with being on here today too. I'll lie down in the hammock and doze. Probably I'll occasionally open my eyes and gaze out at the plants. I haven't been on the Porch for a long time but I think we planted roses and other flowers as well. I feel safe lying here and not having to do anything, decide anything, write anything.

woodsgnome

I've come here to soak in the dose of reality always found hereabouts. You know, a place where people can trust, play, laugh, be serious; be whoever they are inclined to be AND be accepted for that beingness. I think it's called wholeness; I desperately need that.

One of my concerns of late -- numbness -- might at least lighten a little. The other concern is familiar but with a new twist  -- fear. This time it's not so much about the old fears but of ever leaving the security of the healing porch again.

Words drop off at this point, as there's lots of mind fog (protective dissociation?) still floating around. Don't care, thinking has its place; here at the healing porch is not one of them. While there's things to do here, it's much more a place of BEING, and however I can build that back up. And the confidence that if others from OOTS are here, they are the most welcoming sight there could be.

Three Roses

Would you mind if I sit beside you with my cup of tea? I've brought one for you...

woodsgnome

Fantastic, Three Roses. Thank you so much.

Three Roses

Found the broom and swept the Porch, gave all the blankets a good airing, and restocked the pantry. Found a stack of firewood, and built a cozy fire under the stars in the cool, refreshing night air. I've got some healthy, yummy snacks and everyone's favorite beverages are in the pantry. The Healing Porch is a place where we can gather and sit quietly, or talk, or run on the beach, climb a tree - whatever you want to do, as long as it's healthy for you and others it's here! So you're invited to grab a chair, get a blanket, sit by the fire, listen to the music of the stars and enjoy the night with me. Make yourself at home, you're family here. ❤️

Tee

Sounds nice 3R I could use a corner a blanket and a hug.

SharpAndBlunt

I'm loving being by the fire, listening to the music of the stars, enjoying talking when it feels right and enjoying being quiet when that feels right. The low stress enjoyment of feeling of being together in mutual good company. It's lovely. And I've got a hot mug of pine tea and a nice blanket for when it gets cooler.

woodsgnome

There's nothing, zilch nothing, that can ever take this peace away. Sitting by the sea, warmed by fire and true friends, there comes this verse from an old favourite song:

"It matters nothing what they did to you
The storm is over, the wreckage through
Leave them in your wake, no more for you to take
Be like the sea

"If it hurts your heart, cast it up on the shore
Let it go forever, ceart go leor
Wash away the sorrow, the tears of no tomorrow
Be like the sea

"The sea, the sea, dive with me
We'll lose these rags we're wearing and be
Like the sea, the sea, wild and free
We'll swim out past the longing so deep"

*ceart go leor ... means it's alright, or okay

LittleBlueBird

Thank you for sharing woodsgnome, that was beautiful.

I'm happy to see the porch is still in action. I'm brewing some apple and maple tea this morning, and wish I could extend the offer to you all.

Three Roses

Ah, but LittleBluebird, you just did.  :hug:

Not Alone

Enjoying the fire and in awe of the stars. Three Roses, thank you for sweeping and stocking the pantry!

Tee

I have some hot coco if anyone wants some?
☕️

Three Roses

SharpAndBlunt