The Healing Porch - Part 5

Started by Kizzie, November 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

Pass them around☕️☕️☕️

sunflower38

This place sounds so lovely, watching the stars next to a fire sounds like a dream  :grouphug:

Three Roses

It's a great place to be accepted and invited to. It belongs to everyone.

It was just an idea kicking around, until one of us (Wife2, I miss you much!) decided she'd make an official page for it. It's been so popular that we are now on the 5th incarnation!

Here's the first post from The Healing Porch p. 1 -

QuoteI would like to make this the official home of the healing porch.

This is an idea several of us have come up with and want to maintain.

What we already know about the healing porch - first, it is imaginary. But, based on some real facts. It resembles the photo in my profile picture (an actual house I wish I could buy... ahh, if wishes were houses, I'd own it today).

Second, the porch wraps all the way around the house. Those who enjoy sun can sit in the un-roofed section, those who don't so much can even enjoy the screened in section. There are chairs, tables, swings, sofas, easy chairs.

Third, there is a beach and ocean just off the one side of the house. This ocean has crystal blue water, the sand never gets too hot to walk on.

Off another side of the porch is a middle/large concrete area for chalk expression and art. Hopscotch is popular over here.

Forest and lawn are represented off the other two porch sides. This is a magical healing porch, so it can shift as is needed for your healing time with us.

We have board games, bug lights, blankets of healing, peace, comfort, acceptance, rest and many other necessary emotions. They are scattered about the porch and you are welcome to wrap yourself in whichever blank you need. Fear not, this is a magical porch - if everyone needs acceptance, there will be enough to go around.

Refreshing beverages are always available - sorry, folks - one thing I feel strongly about, no alcohol. It blocks healing. Otherwise, all drinks are just waiting, cold or hot as is best for that beverage.

Snacks and light meals are also all around - fruit bowls, vegetable trays. Any vegan can be as well fed as the omnivores (including me) on this porch. If food is part of your challenge, there will always be a 'food-free' side to remove that as an issue during your time on the healing porch.

We've just had the suggestion that my puppies join us on the porch. I think it's a wonderful idea. In fact, if anyone has a pet, please bring it! We have shelving to hold aquariums, window jambs that would hold 20 pound cats, places for puppies to run and fetch, and whatever your pet wants or needs. Because this is a magical porch, messes clean themselves and no pet would DREAM of harming another pet.

All suggestions are welcome!! This is a place for all of us. It started as a mental image to help some of us remember to relax, breathe and enjoy each others' support. It's a great place to get acquainted with your inner child - everyone is safe here. There are games and friends to play them with. There are journals that nobody would ever dream of reading. There are phones and friends waiting on the other end to hear from you.

It is a place of healing. And community (I hear hopscotch is THE game this summer). Welcome.

a little later...

QuoteIs there any flexibility on the alcohol rule? I'd like a round of bubbly to celebrate Elphanigh's triumph today.

QuoteOk, yes. I forget that not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic and that a toast for a friend means more with bubbly.

If I stay on the porch and don't drive, I may join you all. It's been so long since I enjoyed any alcohol that even a small glass of champagne is likely to leave me tipsy! Those who enjoy laughing, stick around!

You can add on to the Porch as you like! I built a tree house in one post, and think I'll be up there for the rest of the evening, reading.  ;D

Here's a link to the first porch thread, for you that haven't read it yet.
https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=6910.0

Tee

Thanks 3R I needed to read that to night. I might come hang for a bit in the tree house if that's ok?  Just finished my summer class so now just have to wait try and stop freaking out as I wait.  Wait to find out about the job. I hate waiting on things like this the anticipation is so very triggering.

sunflower38

This place sounds so perfect and calming, thank you for sharing the first post. I imagine there being a field of wildflowers a little ways away from the house down a trail. I'm having a lovely morning picking flowers  :)

Three Roses

Tee - you're welcome in my tree house anytime. There's an eclectic assortment of music to choose from, too - old school, new stuff, mellow or loud. Crank up the volume, kick back and enjoy. 🐦🌳🌲

Sunflower - yes! Wildflowers everywhere! They will practically leap into your arms, they're so happy to be picked/chosen. 💐🏵️🌸💮🌹🌻🌻🌻

Kizzie

We're at 5 pages for Part 5 so I'm locking this and starting Part 6.