frightened

Started by sunshine31, November 10, 2018, 08:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine31

this morning I experienced a flashback well i think it was I felt panicky upset depressed a bit dissociated and completely cut off, the way i felt this morning really frightened me,, I was so extremely upset.. so I forced myself to do some yoga for anxiety and depression after,, it helped a little at the time.. and then i proceeded to have a shower and while I was in the shower I was telling myself that I was safe and that my parts were safe and that all we were doing was washing my body and I was trying to focus on the moment
then after again not long after I noticed I felt really bad again and now I am not sure what is one meant to do when they try and try they do the things there therapist suggests.. and they still feel bad.. what is a person meant to do
I then had to spend time with my niece and nephew as they had come down,,.. again a little hard as I kept feeling a little sad due to my childhood and my little parts
I have just had a angry outburst shouting raising my voice in complete anger at what I have to keep dealing with
while I was doing this I felt like I was doing something wrong
I have been in emotional pain again since my nephew left feeling like a little upset child
then I suddenly felt really angry at life.. I am highly pained by this whole existence and even therapy is starting to feel like too much because in between therapy i have to deal with all these emotions and all these things all by myself and today it has felt like too much
what is a person meant to do :'(

Rainagain

So sorry to read how you are feeling.

I have nothing to offer to help, but wanted to simply reply.

milk

Feeling deeply hard emotions in between therapy is like a trapped feeling for me but I had to figure it out (like what you are doing: shower, crying, self talk,.. ) — because like the kids visiting you, something is always around the corner to be present to. I will take the time away - see no one, and head for a hike in the wilderness, cry, scream, let it out — and then let the wilderness come in. Sit for awhile and listen, its not so quiet. I cant always fix it right then and there — so i let that go. I focus on my thoughts and mood.

Something I also realize is that I will not always have the therapist, which is good, because ultimately I will always have myself. when I do find that space to heal on my own — I let the T know and take a break. Give myself some practice in self healing, then return to therapy with the self work in place ready to un jumble something else.

:hug: may letting things happen take you where you need to go

sunshine31

Yes it can feel trapping. It is good that you can get out. you see i struggle to get out much and i feel very very isolated. my symptoms and my mental illness really isnt helping my confidence to do barely anything outside.
Today has been extremely hard aswell I think I had another flashback earlier
I had to talk to the parts of myself on paper earlier and I think I realised some of why I was feeling the way I was
but because i have all these different parts of myself, sometimes the small parts say I dont want to help myself I dont want to do therapy
Today has been a really bad day again for half of it lots and lots of crying too much
Is it good to take breaks from therapy? Does that help some people?
sometimes I feel like therapy is pointless and it is too difficult and frustrating and taking way too long, and  sometimes working on the memories can be a bit too scary, as I noticed this week I havent been feeling as stable a bit all over the place
thanks Milk for taking the time to comment :)

Three Roses

QuoteIs it good to take breaks from therapy? Does that help some people?

It has helped me. Taking a break from therapy now, planning to return after the new year. Sometimes I give myself a vacation from recovery too, I stop reading about it for a while. It can be exhausting and when I'm tired I need a break from what's making me tired. Hope this helps you.  :yes:

LilyITV

Morelia

Hi Sunshine,

I can't give any advice because I am trying to work out how to deal with the exact same problem myself. I wanted to thank you for sharing because now I know I am not alone with feeling this way sometimes - and you are not alone either.

Hugs if you want them,  :bighug:
Morelia

PS: I love your little bird avatar.