Holiday Hiatus

• 22 Replies

BeHea1thy

• View Profile
Holiday Hiatus
« on: November 12, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
Friends,

It's not often that I meet the goals I set. During the last year, I've worked really hard at learning to hear with electronics in my head, all the accessories, how to deal with glitches, reprogramming, etc. In addition, I promised myself that this winter I would not morph into a depressed couch potato and hunker down in isolation for 6-7 months. To that effect, I started a walking program in May, and along with my first ever smart phone, am now emotionally invested in my LG Fitness app.

I am taking a physical education course at a community college, and am in way above my head with 20 year olds, as well as an instructor who makes a living my training others. My hope was to ignite a spark of interest which would keep me motivated to be and stay active. It happened! I joined a fitness club and have gone more in the last 10 days that in the past 3-5 years combined! I'm now reading about muscles, function, names and the ways we need to treat our aging bodies so that atrophy and immobilization doesn't set in.

After many efforts in multiple areas to volunteer, I've found a home with a non-profit legal assistance program. I work part time with their Fair Housing Project and it gets time consuming and complex. I'm happy!

For these reasons, I need to take a break so that I can assess and "re-balance" my life. Kind of like what all those financial planners tell you to do once a year. I'm feeling like I can't keep up on the forum in the way I'd like to. So, going into the holiday season, Thanksgiving and Christmas, all fraught with anniversaries and memories, I'm stepping back.

Hugs to all and stay on course with healing, recovery and joy.

Jdog

• View Profile
Re: Holiday Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 01:43:05 AM »
Wonderful news, BeHea1thy!  Balance is so important, and I am so happy you have met
and even exceeded so many goals and are now happily volunteering as well.  Kudos!!  I will miss you on the forum, but am so glad for your forward momentum.

:cheer: :applause:

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 02:14:21 AM »
Keep on keeping on, BeHea1thy! Thanks for sharing your trials and successes so far. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday sojourn.  :)

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
Hi BeHea1thy,  I am really happy to hear all your positives here - and I would like to wish you all the best through Winter and Christmas and beyond, and whilst I will miss you - I am also very glad to hear you're out there living life and doing things you enjoy - much love to you and big hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 03:19:43 PM »
Lovely to hear BeHealthy, so glad you are doing well.  Here's to being healthy, strong and happy!  :cheer:

Enjoy yourself  :hug:

BeHea1thy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Thank you all for the wishes, encouragement & support.  :hug: :hug:

Boy22

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 09:59:55 PM »
BeHea1thy,

enjoy your well deserved break.

:grouphug:

BeHea1thy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 10:43:07 PM »
Thank you friends for the support, encouragement and wishes for a healing break. It's a relief to know I can take time when I need to. I'm back, with more vigor than before, so get ready for some book reviews and a brand new initiatives ahead.

Thanks to my college I have access to ILLiad, an interlibrary loan program throughout the state and country even!! How great is that for a bibliophile?! Regarding the definition, heavy on appreciation and love, but low on "collecting." Still a minimalist.  ;D

woodsgnome

• I did not wish to live what was not life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:26:14 AM »
 :heythere:

Welcome back, fellow bibliohound...good deal on the ILLiad loan program. May your reading treks spark intrigue, wonder, delight, and who knows what else.

Jdog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 01:35:34 AM »
Welcome back, BeHea1thy!!  So glad to read your writing once more!!  Your “winterval” appears to have done you good, and I am pleased you have a new means of accessing books.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 04:41:22 AM »
Welcome back
 :heythere:  ;D

Hope67

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Hi BeHea1thy - Welcome back - I missed you!  Really happy that you have access to more books, as I know how much you love them. 
Hope  :)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 07:39:55 PM »
So glad to hear you are back refreshed and with renewed energy BeHealthy  :applause:

(PS - I love the term "winterval", perfect descriptor for taking a break during the XMas holiday season  :thumbup:)

Jdog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 09:40:10 PM »
:). BTW I co-opted the winterval term...was listening to an NPR report about something to do with Birmingham, England.  They apparently have a winter festival bearing that title.  But since we are not publishing these little chats, no harm, right?

Sorry to derail. 

BeHea1thy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
WOW! Many thanks for the warm welcome back messages woodsgnome, Jdog, ThreeRoses, Hope67 and Kizzie!

Winterval sounds good to me, and perhaps we can think up more terms as the year progresses.  :bigwink:

I'll be posting in Resources for now.