thanksgiving

• 5 Replies

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
thanksgiving
« on: November 21, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »
i know thanksgiving has gotten a cloud over it in the states the past few years as the true story of what happened has been made known.  still, i enjoy the tradition of being thankful for the people and things that have helped me in my life.

this forum has been a biggie that i'm thankful for - all you lovely people, many of whom have become wonderful friends, showing me care and concern the likes of which i've rarely experienced in my life.

i'm also thankful for kizzie, who has done such a wonderful job here of keeping this place viable and safe for all of us.

i'm thankful for the people in my life who have helped me along the way - without them, i couldn't be where i am right now.

and, of course, i'm thankful for my dear daughter who is so very kind and patient with me, who really does take good care of me, and who has forgiven me for my part in what has gone down in her own childhood.  she has helped heal the wounds on so many levels.

on a personal note, i'm thankful for my mind.  quirks and all, i have achieved greatness on many levels during my life.  a personal greatness that allows me to know that above and beyond the neg., i can still see a lot of pos. both in myself and others.  i'm truly thankful for that.

thank you, everyone.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
Re: thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:01:39 PM »
I'm also thankful for Kizzie, I was just thinking about her yesterday and being thankful for her starting this forum and website. I don't know how else I - we -would have found so many resources and learned and discovered so much about this "crapola", as you call it. 😉

I'm thankful for the ability we have to learn, change and grow. I see this not only in myself but in my partner, who has done so much inner work on himself and gotten so much healthier. Truly, without healing, neither of us would be able to remain in this relationship.

I'm thankful for my children and for their forgiveness. Their insight has also been helpful to me. They are intelligent, loving, compassionate men and I'm truly grateful for them.

And I'm thankful for all the friends I have, face to face friends as well as online friends, friends here in this forum. They've lifted me up when I couldn't have gone on without help.

You're one of those, San. Thanks for being here!  :hug:

Deep Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
I知 thankful for the OOTS family.  I知 thankful to those here that I have forged relationships with and am thankful for you all pushing me to grow and then showing me the way.

I知 thankful for an income to support my family and am thankful for my son and my husband.

I知 thankful for the people in this world that show compassion to others.

I知 thankful for being able to carry hope with me throughout my journey

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 08:00:39 PM »
I adore this thread San  :hug:

I am also thankful for Kizzie for helping keep this place safe and welcoming. Without this place.. well really I can't begin to fathom life without this place and the people in it. I can safely say some of you are dear friends and like family.  I am thankful for everyone that shares here and spreads that much more light to all of us.

I am thankful for all the support I have here, it makes healing and learning to love myself possible. I am applying to grad school and the encouragement here is part of the reason I am able to be in a place where I can be excited and hopeful about it.

I have a lot to be thankful for recently, personally I have received so much help and kindness this year. So much has gone on in my life, and changed for the better and wouldn't have without the help of some amazing people. I am also grateful for the fact I am given the chance to work on healing like I have been. Not everyone has that chance so early, and I am thankful to have it.

I know there are many other things but right now I think that is all I am voicing here. Thank you all for making this place what it is  :hug: :grouphug:

sanmagic7

• learn something from everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 12:43:56 AM »
as i was thinking about this today, i realized that in a big way i'm also thankful to have discovered i have c-ptsd, because it led me here, cleared up a lifetime of confusion.  in the end, it's so good to know what's been going on and why.  yeah, i'm thankful for that.   silver lining. 

Kalmer

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 05:46:17 PM »
I'm thankful for this forum, the community here and for this opportunity to heal and grow. I don't post very often, but I remain grateful for the positive impact this place has had on my health and my life. Thank you Kizzie and thank you everyone else for making OOTS the place it is.