Winterfest 2018

• 12 Replies

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
Winterfest 2018
« on: November 24, 2018, 02:05:21 AM »
Last year we started a new tradition here....
I propose we start something new here at OOTS... we can call it whatever we want but personally I like Winterfest.

I'll start it off by putting out bright, cheerfully wrapped gifts with secrets inside. Whatever you need will be in the gift you open!

clarity
stamina
peace
insight
...and anything else you need. And if you don't know what you need, pick one and open it, and see what the universe gives you! It's all new, we can imagine it however we like.

What are some other ideas? (But let's stay away from religious themes.)

So I'd like to start it off this year with some brightly wrapped gifts in shiny, glittering papers of all colors! Pink, turquoise, magenta... the bows are elaborate and cheery and the packages are every size, from very small to very large. Inside each box is a personalized gift custom-made for whoever opens it -
  • courage
  • peace
  • freedom
  • insight

... whatever you need!

I'm choosing a vivid lime green package, with embossed images of fruit on the package, and wrapped in a shiny aqua bow. I'm going to open mine tomorrow, everybody choose one or two or however many you need! (Please remember, no religious themes, and everyone is welcome whether you've been here since the start, or are brand new, or if you've just been reading but not posting.)

Deep Blue

• View Profile
Re: Winterfest 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 02:15:08 AM »
Thanks 3R for this lovely thread.  :yes:
Iíll also add some packages:
- balance
- hope
- acceptance

I made a bunch of gingerbread cookies and am placing them by the fire too

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 02:16:07 AM »
Mmmmm gingerbread is my favorite!

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 06:59:15 AM »
dang, i forgot about this, 3r.  so glad to see it back.

i'm choosing a package, pink and silver, lovely ornate bow, and inside is rest.  peaceful rest.

i'm bringing a cranberry-orange punch - non-alcoholic - with floating orange slices, and a big vat of hot chocolate for anyone who could use a little warmth.  baby marshmallows available upon request.  *chuckle*

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »
I will bring the softest, warmest throws for everyone to cuddle under while we open our gifts of hope and healing. 

:grouphug:

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 03:02:54 AM »
I am beyond glad this is back  :cheer: :hug:

I have brought my favorite homemade dark chocolate fudge, candy canes, and peppermint cookies. Also brought some backages wrapped in pretty worn looking sheet music with big bows . Some sparkle, others are soft fabrics. Of course all shapes and sizes as well.

I think I am picking one someone else brought that is covered in a lavender color with an obnoxiously bright blue bow on it.

Deep Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 04:01:26 PM »
No such thing as obnoxious blue!  :bigwink:

I opened a package yesterday that was leaning in the back.  It was wrapped in stars wrapping paper.  It was a restful nights sleep and it was rejuvenating.   

Grateful for you all  :grouphug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 04:05:27 PM »
I am also grateful because I picked a package like Deep Blue's and after yet another bout of insomnia I have had two nights of restful, lovely sleep   :zzz:

Winterfest rocks  :yes:

Elphanigh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 06:41:15 PM »
DB, I am glad you don't believe there is. I imagined a like electric bright blue that sparkled some.

That brightness is what I needed to open, it matched the contents. It came full of light and energy that I was so lacking yesterday.

Love this place so much  :hug:

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
this is so fun.

the gift i picked was full of strength, plus a little bit of teenage girl crush that i'm really enjoying right now (i've discovered a crush on spike from 'buffy', and am having a great time with it.)  at that age, i didn't know really what crushes on celebrities were all about, so my younger me is swooning with delight.

Ellis

• 18+ | He/They | Aus | ESTJ | LGBTQ+
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 01:37:25 AM »
and a big vat of hot chocolate for anyone who could use a little warmth.  baby marshmallows available upon request.  *chuckle*
I would gladly pour myself a mug of that. Thank you.

I've found an elegant dark blue and grey striped present with a navy ribbon and bow. Though I don't know what's inside, I'd like to believe there's relief, energy, and if not too much to ask for... a little bit of good luck.
But a present I opened earlier did grant me some confidence and willpower.

Now... has anyone seen where my memory-skills have gone? Maybe I accidentally packaged them up in a present here. :) Hmm.

Regards,
Ellis.

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 11:15:13 PM »
I'm coming here just to sit. It's so good that somebody has lit a fire. I like the warmth and I like to see the flames flickering.

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 06:33:19 PM »
I'm outside looking in the window looking in and I can see how warm and cozy and welcoming it is.  Big fluffy snowflakes are falling, the moon and stars are bright lighting up the snow so that it looks like twinkling diamonds. It's beautiful but cold and I need a cup of hot chocolate so I'm heading inside.  :grouphug: