Piper Narcissistic Abuse Score

Started by keepfighting, January 26, 2015, 11:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Quote from: ah on October 05, 2017, 08:55:26 AM
Logically, maybe just 99.999999999999999% is on me? ;)

I can imagine that you or others may feel this way, and probably I even still do deep down, but really it's not true. We might be 50% to blame, maximum. But for things that happened in childhood by parents who were messed up - we're not to blame for that. No matter what they said, e.g. it's all your fault because you were born or whatever. That 'blame' is a load of rubbish.

Rainydaze

Quote from: blues_cruise on August 07, 2017, 11:29:53 AM
Quote from: Lingurine on August 02, 2017, 01:55:24 PM
I scored 27 points, all yellow, maybe that has to do with the fact that I am NC with my FOO for so long. I scored one red, selfcare, I do know that still is a problem for me, but overall,
Yay  :cheer:

Lingurine

That's amazing.  ;D I scored 93 but have only been no contact a few months, you've given me hope.  :yes:

I just did this test again out of interest and scored 48, which is down from the 93 I scored last August. I am feeling far better than I did when I was still in contact.  :yes: Hope that might inspire others to take a chance and care for themselves.  :)

Kizzie

Wow Blues, that's awesome.  Yay you!  :cheer: 

Wattlebird

98 all red
Hmm I thought I was improving, and I guess 12 mths ago it would have been 105, so there is progress but a long long way to go  :blink:

Blueberry

Idk if we should take it too too seriously wattlebird. The first time I scored 79, the second time months later 80!  There was improvement in almost all areas of my life during that time, even if slow. Mine are also almost all red, one yellow I think. Maybe I'm too hard on myself, on judging where I am? Maybe you too?

Wattlebird

Sure, it must be dependant on mood fluctuations and everything I guess if I took it on a better day I would score way better, I was just feeling quite low after thinking about the questions and reading the blog on nm's
But it does highlight that I am not imagining how hard things were for me (us) and it's ok and a good thing for me to be in therapy.  :'(

Blueberry

Quote from: Wattlebird on September 26, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
But it does highlight that I am not imagining how hard things were for me (us) and it's ok and a good thing for me to be in therapy.  :'(

Compassionate  :hug: :hug: I'm sure you're not imagining how hard things were. That will be an old FOO myth. Foo used to compare me to people with 'real problems'. In their minds they have to do that to keep us downtrodden and not rebelling, I suppose. I'm also sure it's a good thing you're in therapy, as it is with me. And it's OK too. Perfectly acceptable to need therapy, especially with our type of backgrounds.

integrity

I actually did this quiz when I first got to OOTF and I got a way lower score back then than this time.
This time I got 70: in the red zone on self care, abuse awareness, blame, anger awareness and realistic view of family. I just started the first step in the ACA 12 step program though so maybe I am answering out of that a bit. I certainly feel better than I did back then. Or maybe I was so in denial at the start that I answered low for stuff like feeling bad when I say no to people because I didn't know how to feel my feelings!

It's nice reading everyone else's stories of how theirs have improved - maybe mine will too through the 12 step.