Hopeless about work & it's hurting A LOT :( Any supportive words please?...

Started by C., March 16, 2015, 06:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schrödinger's cat

Phew. What a relief. I think even I feel like a weight has dropped off my shoulders, and I wasn't even in your situation. I agree with Kizzie, go celebrate! So glad you're okay.  :hug:

Jdog

You showed INCREDIBLE courage in the face of a most humiliating and triggering situation!!  EXCELLENT JOB!!!

:applause:

Gashfield

I'm really pleased for you.  What a wonderfully empowering outcome!

wingnut

Wow! I am so glad everything worked out.

I have had more than one work situation like that and it can really eat away at your insides, keep you up at night, turn on the negative message machine, etc.

The last time this happened to me, I had a bully who would stand outside of my office and say things of a derogatory manner when no one was around to hear him. Who does that???!!! After a few weeks of this randomly happening, I found all of the intestinal strength that I could muster and got IN his face in the break room, asked him if he had a problem with me and if we should take it to HR. He played dumb and looked shocked and stupid but it never happened again. That was SO hard for me, but I sure felt good about it when it was over. I did some research along the way and unfortunately there seems to be little published about bullying at the workplace. Also, he left a few years ago. I outlasted him!

I've found that the dirt settles to the bottom, while the cream rises to the top.  :thumbup:

lonewolf

Way to go C.! Thrilled that you took the bull by the horns and experienced such a great outcome!

:cheer:

Kizzie

C.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, encouragement, wisdom and cheers!  Your support was a big part of this success at work.  It helped me to "see" and respond in a way that was healthy.  I know I took the initiative to follow through and I feel better about myself for doing so.  I am also noticing more and more when and how we need support from others.  I know that the ongoing reciprocity with these types of experiences here affects all of us in a positive way.  I feel so happy when I see others takes steps in healing as well.  Thanks again. :applause: