Head vs The ❤️

Started by Mojo50, November 27, 2018, 08:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo50

As discussed in previous posts, I suffer and hate my inner critic ,  the what if's, maladaptive ocd ( which worked for me once upon a time) and perfectionism. Basically I live in my head... :still trying to fix the pain and figure things out.... it is exhausting.
I have been so lucky, however, through help of my trauma therapist ( years) and a survivor program, to have  connected with those fragmented parts of my inner child and can truly say I have nothing but love and compassion for her. The pure, beautiful, innocent little warrior. Yet I lived decades hiding her, hating her and the shame of my past nearly cost me my life. I never, ever though in a million years I'd ever forgive her.... but it happened bc I did the soul level work. Anyways... it still boggles my mind that I can still hear the Inner Critic even after all the healing. The catastrophizing, worrying, obsessing. But you know what I realized yesterday... my true self lives in my HEART. Not my head. My head is a liar. So when I'm triggered... instead of the fixing, freaking out which happens in MY HEAD.... I am now going to straight to my ❤️, for that's where she and my divinity and truth are. I'm tired of my head... and after all these years... I'm finally understanding.... the answer to my pain can be found in my heart.

Ellis

This is beautiful, Mojo. And something I haven't thought about before. Society is so caught up in saying that to thrive you need to listen to your head. But in some cases, in our cases, our heart keeps us going. It's the little part of us that rebels against the criticism, the part that gives out mercy and kindness. Sometimes we need to shut our brain up and just listen to the true part of ourselves that pleads for our care. It's the more resilient part, the part that tries to sing even when our brains have been molded and changed by our abusers.
Thanks for sharing this, I'm glad you've found some understanding.

Regards,
Ellis.

Three Roses

Inspiring and encouraging! Thank you Mojo  :hug:

sanmagic7

thanks, mojo.  beautiful.  sending love and a  :hug:

LilyITV

This was so touching.  I really needed to read this today.  Thank you. 

Kizzie

Just wanted to say I too found your post positive and encouraging - tks for sharing!  :hug:

Boatsetsailrose

Agreed :) it really is a head to heart journey ..thank u for sharing as when my inner critic and the ocd / perfectionism  ramps up remebering to not follow it and go to the heart is the answer

smile5

Thank you for posting that. That is such a good way of describing things. I can totally relate to living in my head and having my life restricted due to OCD. I hope with time I can start to listen to my heart instead of taking everything my head says.