Hoping for the best

Started by WideSargassoSea, November 28, 2018, 03:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

QuoteI guess my inner child is in deep pain right now. I hope in writing this I am doing right by it, showing I am not ignoring it but trying to approach things in manageable sustainable ways to work with it and process such difficult feelings

I hope she is getting what is the most healing for her!  :hug:

Not Alone

Quote from: Three Roses on May 20, 2019, 04:28:06 PM
QuoteI guess my inner child is in deep pain right now. I hope in writing this I am doing right by it, showing I am not ignoring it but trying to approach things in manageable sustainable ways to work with it and process such difficult feelings

I hope she is getting what is the most healing for her!  :hug:

:yeahthat:   :grouphug:

WideSargassoSea

Im trying to give it whats needed (It's a 'he' by the way), but it's difficult with all the things im dealing with at the moment. Have a difficult choice to make about something for this thursday... either a last minute rush to get everything ready in time for Thursday to do something very unpleasant (but it would at least be over by Friday), or to postpone it until 5 weeks from now (far too long to wait!)

Im having real trouble deciding, especially after all the other upsets recently.

Blueberry

I have found it helpful to put Inner Children with an imaginary Babysitter or Friend (depending on age) when my adult state is on overwhelm. My 'babysitters' have all been animals, doesn't have to be people.

Sending lots of good thoughts and energy from the forum for you to be able to make that choice.  :hug:

WideSargassoSea

Interesting idea Blueberry. I like it. I decided to go for the choice tomorrow. Trying not to think about it for now, but fingers crossed. It's kind of in a couple of stages, one being tomorrow, and the other will probably take a few days. One step at a time though I guess.

Three Roses

I love that idea, Blueberry!  :yes:  Hmmm...what animal will I choose for my ICs babysitter? What do the other forum members think of as the "best" for the job?  (BB - I can ask this question elsewhere if it's an interruption to your journal.  :hug:)

Blueberry

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, WideSargassoSea!  :hug:

3R, it's not my Journal, it's WideSargassoSea's. My ICs chose their own Babysitter Animals. 

WideSargassoSea

Wouldnt you know it, I get up much earlier than ususal to go do this unpleasant thing...and am told there's an error and will have to wait 5 weeks, I spoke to the head person to complain, and they then made literally four further errors which would have been costly had I not caught them and pointed them out! Total chaos there. sigh. Really wanted to get it over with today, I really desperately did.

Very tired now.

Re the animal thing, I'd be interested to know what people would choose for their babysitting animal too-I'll start with a Seal please! Stinky fish breath, but worth it for the cuddle factor.....

Hope67

Hi WideSargassoSea - I hope you are able to get some rest - if that would help, as you mentioned feeling very tired - I am sorry to hear about those errors, they sound quite disorganised.  Sending you a hug, if that's ok,  :hug:
Hope  :)

Blueberry

Oh no, WideSargassoSea, that's terrible that they were so disorganised and made so many errors!  :hug: :hug:

I wrote some on babysitter animals here: https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?topic=11957.0

WideSargassoSea

I'll check out the link soon. Been struggling the last 24 hours. Hopefully today I can rest a bit.

Three Roses

Blueberry

Standing with you, WSS.

Not Alone

Hope you get some emotional, mental and physical rest.  :hug:

Hope67

Hi WideSargassoSea,
I hope you are able to get some rest.   :grouphug:
Hope  :)