I can eat!

Started by Ellis, November 30, 2018, 09:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ellis

I randomly realised something this morning and it feels so great I had to share.

For the majority of my childhood/teenagehood I didn't have any breakfast to eat - either because of lack of food or because of my food disorder. I believe that this is the cause for what became a 'morning sickness'... as every time I tried to eat anything during the morning, even a small block of chocolate, I'd feel like throwing up. This has NOT helped me with my attempts to gain weight and it got to a point where even just opening the fridge made me sick. There's probably some other reasons as to why I felt sick in the mornings, but I believe my childhood habits is a big factor.

Either way... I realised that - I can't remember the last time I felt sick in the morning!  :cheer:
This is  HUGE to me because it's something that affected me for years. And now I can wake up and go to a cafe, have a drink and a muffin - and I'll be okay! I checked my weight and it's 48kg's which means I'm just 2kg's away from my goal of not being classed as underweight.

This is progress!

Libby183

Well done to you! A huge achievement and one to which I can really relate.

I have been enjoying food and not feeling constantly sick for a while now. Food anxiety and vomiting phobia has been a feature of my entire life. I knew it was directly connected to my mother's use of food to control me, but I was surprised to discover through EMDR therapy that emetophobia is very much a feature of attachment disorder. So it seems to make sense that, for me, healing somewhat from developmental trauma leads to a lessening of the various symptoms.

But whatever the process, it's so lovely to eat and enjoy food. We'll done and keep on eating those muffins!

Wattlebird

This is great Ellis
Isn't it nice to notice the improvements and healing process, well done

Three Roses

milk

LilyITV

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  Awesome!!!  So happy for you!