Getting knocked down before I even get started. :(

Started by LilyITV, November 26, 2018, 09:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilyITV

I had posted about how proud I was about finally starting to tackle my financial problems.  I had finally got up the nerve to look at my budget and was happy that I was still, though barely, solvent.

Then today, I took my vehicle to the shop for what I thought would be a fairly minor repair and it ended up being $1150 (which will need to be charged to a credit card).  Also earlier in the day I had checked to seeing if I could get a lower rate on a personal loan I had and was immediately declined.   This happened right in the midst of me worrying about getting Christmas presents for my children.

I am trying hard not to let myself fall back into a negative spiral of shame and hopelessness, but it's hard when the second you start trying to make things better, more bad stuff rains down on you. 

I think I'm going to go home and curl up in bed and cry to my husband for a while and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.  Then maybe I can feel proud that, even though it didn't work out I actually took steps to make things better instead of just burying my head in the sand.  Also, maybe I'll also feel like coordinating with my husband on Christmas presents.  I'm worried that the big fight there will be he won't want the presents to come from Santa since he doesn't really like the idea of him, but I realize I am way overthinking this thing. 

sanmagic7

i like the idea that you found a pos. perspective to focus on with all this.   yeah, it really sucks when we work so hard to get things on an even keel and then someone rocks the boat under us and we have to scramble to find some balance again. 

sending love and a warm, compassionate hug, sweetie.

LilyITV

Thanks so much for the hugs and the encouragement.  It seems the bad things keep raining down on me.  Turns out when I went to pick up my van yesterday, I had discovered that  my credit card limit had been lowered and my card was declined.  It was embarrassing and I was left scrambling, but I was able to pay the bill.  Fortunately my husband had given me $500 so I was able to scrape by.

The thing and surprising thing to me is that this did not send me into an EF.  I guess my work over the past two weeks was enough to stave that off.  Right after I got my van back, I got the motivation to right then and there make a call to a non-profit credit counseling center to see if I qualified for debt management plan.  I had been thinking about making the call, but after that I realized I needed to take quick action. The budget my husband had helped me out with was a godsend. 

Kizzie

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Tons of progress in this thread of yours Lily!