Feel like help is just out of reach...

Started by LittleBirdy, December 01, 2018, 04:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBirdy

I live in the states, and everyone within a reasonable driving distance that specializes in trauma is not taking new patients, or never even bothered to call back. This site is helpful for sure but I know I need actual therapy. I want to be a good parent someday, and I also want to make sure I don't take my frustrations out on my partner or be too negative and drag them down with me. This is MY battle, not his. I'm almost completely moved out and I'm ready to begin healing but I can't seem to find anyone to help me. I HATE my insurance I hate that my F put me in this position where we have a low income and therefore don't have access to many good doctors. I feel like help is just out of reach. My partner has been reassuring me that I'm trying my best but it still makes me wanna throw my phone out the window every time the calls go to voicemail or I get a voicemail saying they're sorry but they're full. I have a few more years until I graduate and get better insurance but until then I'm stuck. I'm so sick of the health problems this has caused, I'm just sick of being sick!! I don't want to be sick anymore I'm tired of self pity I want to just move on. I've lost so many years I'll never get back and I don't want to lose any more.

Rainagain

So sorry to hear this.

The uk health service isn't good for mental health but its free and better than nothing at all.

Where I live now there is basically nothing unless you are an actual danger to yourself or others.

Some therapists work online I think, Skype etc. Might work?

Hope you find something somehow.

milk

Stick with it and many good thoughts for the tide to turn soon.