Success with the NHS !

Started by Boatsetsailrose, December 14, 2018, 10:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Good good news ...
I went for assessment with community mental health team this WK (this is my 5th assessment over the years). It was a thorough and in depth assessment and i had a call yesterday to say that i have been taken under the teams care (secondary services ) and am being assigned a care co ordinator .
I can't express fully enough what this means to me ...at last i feel i have been heard and validated for what my cptsd creates in me.
So much of being heard has been helpled by using this site and other sources of help to be able to articulate my psych experinces.  The work sheets on trauma symptoms on this site really helped me as i filled these out and took those in with me to read from.

Someone is finally going to be caring for me on a 24 hr basis i have numbers to call and a person i can develop a relationship with that wont be made and gone in a flash.

If anyone needs any help getting heard reach out for others experience and get the treatment and care we all deserve . complex ptsd is soon to be added to the icd 11 diagnositic manual and the hope of better knowledge and treatment feels strong in me. I want to lead the way , informing professionals on what it means as a lived experience of having this psychological injury and what is needed to heal . I'm so grateful i continue to strive (even when times get so dark i seem to be able to pick myself up again. But we all need support and understanding and we all need hope .....
Its there if we stick together as we do
God bless you all and thank u for being here for me

Rainagain

Wow!

I am so very pleased for you.

Good stuff can happen!

Blueberry

Three Roses

I'm ecstatic for you! And this is also encouragement for the rest of us! Thanks for posting!  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Eyessoblue

Oh that's fantastic news I'm so pleased for you, being a fellow nhs patient on the primary care front I know how hard it is to get what you have been offered and I'm so pleased you have now what you need. Will you please keep us updated on your care and treatment as I am really interested to hear on your progress etc. Wishing you the best of luck with it all.

Kizzie

Yay Boats!!!!!!!!     :cheer:        :thumbup:        :bighug:       :applause:        :hug:        :grouphug:     :cloud9:

Boatsetsailrose

Thank you rain again, blueberry, three roses, eyes so blue and kizzie.
You are all such a good support and an inspiration. Yes eyes so blue i will post as i go along no prob. Important i can help others where i can