More about ADD

Started by goblinchild, December 17, 2018, 08:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblinchild

I wasn't sure if I should start another thread or not. Mods, if you me to continue this on my other ADD thread just say the word.

Since I posted my last thread about ADD I've been diagnosed, medicated and I've learned a lot. I realized that I have a lot of tendencies that I would get frustrated about or feel ashamed of which I didn't realize were actually symptoms I was pushing against and exacerbating. I've been having one all day and I'm pretty frustrated about it. I thought it might help to write it down.

Sometimes I just want to daydream or listen to music for hours and it's like I can't focus on anything else! I'm not sure yet if anyone knows why that happens but apparently it's a known about thing that serves some kind of purpose, like maybe processing information. I've been fighting it all day because I just want to get things done! Turns out I'm gunna daydream and be unfocused weather I like it or not.

I wasn't sure if I would still have to deal with this on medication but it seems to be the case. It's not as bad on medication, and since taking it I feel like I'm noticing that some boughts are actually worse than others? I'll barely notice a small bought when I'm medicated and I can work through it if I give myself something else to split my focus while working, like a show or music on in the background. Or I can take a small break. But I'm thinking if one is happening this badly while I'm medicated, it would be a monster of an episode off medication. Maybe I should stop fighting myself and consider that it might be really bad for some valid reason? Like a bad fever. If you're on fever reducers and you still have a high fever, it would be silly to be frustrated at the fever and push yourself to keep working! That's a serious problem, you would need to pay attention to it! I don't even know why I do this outside of it just being an "ADD thing", but maybe my brain is struggling to process something and I should be kinder to myself.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi goblin
I hear you i really do 'can't focus on anything'. Im not diagnosed or have any experience with the meds ...but maybe a add forum or group may help u ...i would think it would also be a case of being monitored re effectiveness of meds.
Do u mind sharing with me what led you to ask for testing for add and how you did that ? My attention i am noticing more is poor and also my memory . ..

Three Roses

I have days where my concentration and ability to focus are just gone. These are usually (for me) an indication that I am either in an anxious, fearful state or in an emotional flashback, or both.

Have you read Pete Walker's 13 steps for dealing with an EF? If not here's a link for you to his website - http://pete-walker.com/flashbackManagement.htm (the 13 steps are at the bottom but the rest of it is good to read too).

:hug: :wave: