Hello

Started by Paul57, December 19, 2018, 07:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul57

Just introducing myself to the group. The only personal info I will share now is that I am from Canada. When I post I am interested in everyone's input but there are many differences between Canadian and US health care systems. Would particularly like to hear Canadian opinions on my posts. To @Kizzie, thanks for admitting me, to everyone else, hope your day is going well. Namaste...

Blueberry

Deep Blue

Don't worry Paul!
We have members from all over the world.  So we have perspectives from all around the world too  :yes:  Hope you find this place helpful.  Welcome

Three Roses

Paul57

Thank you for the welcome, all.

Boatsetsailrose

Hi paul
This forum has been a very informative resource for me ..i live in the UK and hearing others experiences of health care systems both here and in other countries  has been very useful as many of us experience the same need for cptsd to be recognized and the symptoms treated /healed .
What is it like in Canada ?

Paul57

Canada is extreme;y  backward in its approach to mental health care. Lots of lip service but no action. Lots of suffering, no refiel and a government that couldn't care less about its citizenry. Sucks to live here...

Boatsetsailrose

That surprises me i thought USA was forward in its mental health research etc and this would have a knock on effect in treatment

Kizzie

I am Cdn and can't say as I agree Canada is backwards or doesn't care about us but I'm OK to agree to disagree, each to their own opinion.

The forum is not really for indepth discussions about a county's HC system in any event, it's more how HC or the lack thereof impacts us as trauma survivors and trying to get accessible, affordable and effective treatment wherever we live.

As I mentioned in another response to a post of yours in another thread, trauma informed care is lacking just about everywhere in the world unfortunately so we have to push/advocate for what we need/want and that just takes time.