Three Good Things Today ... Part 5

Started by Kizzie, December 22, 2018, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

1.  I needed to start a Part 5 to this thread.  :thumbup:
2.  My son is home for the holidays. :cloud9:
3.  My anxiety after EMDR is gone & I've gotten back the emotional distance from those with NPDs I had lost.  :cheer:

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on December 22, 2018, 07:28:01 PM
3.  My anxiety after EMDR is gone & I've gotten back the emotional distance from those with NPDs I had lost.  :cheer:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Sounds huge to me.

Kizzie

It's awesome BB, I'm so glad I don't get those horrible feelings every time  I hear/see something about DT's malignant NPD - just too difficult to avoid everything because he's just getting worse which means I would be getting worse if I hadn't gone for some EMDR.  Very grateful even if it did result in some anxiety.

Erebor

1) Stopped flighting/freezing over the last two days, realised that I'm very depressed and how little I've been reading Pete Walker's books for months now.

2) Got over a little more of my fear of IT problems and worked on some major software issues!

3) Realised that my Inner Critic is running the show in terms of my thoughts/feelings/fears about the future.

Erebor

1) Reading OOTS again, and journalling, is helping me 'get back on the (recovery) horse' so to speak - realising that I'm very focused on other people's opinions, issues, and feelings.  For instance, I dismissed my interest in getting tattoos because my mother is strongly against them.  Even though she wouldn't stop me getting one!

2) Realised that I've been engaging in workaholicism (and then crashing and burning into freeze mode from it).

3) I am able to learn Pete Walker's steps for resolving FBs.

Blueberry

1) This site. Thank goodness I can keep writing here when it seems necessary or beneficial again.

2) At my bike club they passed the hat, via email I think, to help me with buying a new (secondhand) bike, checked over and improved upon to my specifications by one member who works at a secondhand shop. Apparently he's got a couple of bikes in mind for me already. The financial help is one thing, almost even better is having somebody to build to my specifications for a year-round commuter bike. I feel really quite moved.

3) I can and do get up and get going again after I've 'skidded off the path' so to speak in day-to-day life.

4) Friends.

Elphanigh

I have not come here in quite a while. Feel like I am neglecting my own thread  :blink:

1. I have two interviews for assistanship positions next week! These are huge and I am very hopeful to land one of them.
2. We got to see some sunshine today
3. My roommate is cooking dinner so that I can rest tonight

Blueberry

Quote from: Elphanigh on February 13, 2019, 10:18:53 PM
I have not come here in quite a while. Feel like I am neglecting my own thread  :blink:

No worries! Somebody like me will keep it going ;D

1. I got up before noon today.
2. I got up before my first student and even prepared for her, including assembling homework.
3. Got an email that I left my purse somewhere specific yesterday :)  (Leaving it there was a bit careless but good to know I can go and get it now!)

Not Alone

1. Friends I will see today and hugs I will give and receive.
2. My children are safe and healthy.
3. My husband and I are going on a date tonight.

Elphanigh

Thank you, Blueberry. I am glad someone keeps it alive.  ;D

1. I spent today relaxing
2. The car socialization is improving
3. I have officially accepted an admissions offer for my Masters program. This means I have a for sure spot next fall at my top choice school.

Blueberry

Quote from: Elphanigh on February 17, 2019, 06:15:32 AM
3. I have officially accepted an admissions offer for my Masters program. This means I have a for sure spot next fall at my top choice school.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:  :fireworks:

Elphanigh

Thank you Blueberry!  :hug: :hug: so good to see the excitement.

1. On that note, I will get to see campus on Friday. I have two interview for assistantships and will have some time to look around to get a feel for the place.
2. I got to rest this weekend
3. We got a little bit of sunshine today

Elphanigh

Coming back to my own thread. I realize there are a ton of good things, and a lot of things I am grateful for today so here is a few.

1. The sun is out and I can soak in some much needed vitamin D
2. I feel stronger today
3. The people that are in my corner are the best humans I have ever had in my life. I am astounded everyday by the people that have been here for me. Endlessly grateful for all of it.
4. I feel excited about graduate school again. I had not felt that in the last week, and today I found my excitement.

Elphanigh

Here again, think this thread will be good for me.

1) I got to eat and enjoy my coffee for a peaceful half hour in my apartment today. Was a great way to kick off the day
2) I am going to the yoga studio tonight
3) Found a new album by one of my favorite artists, made for a great music choice this morning

Blueberry

1) An adult student told me today how happy she is with my teaching! She feels she's learning so much. Even her boss at work told her she noticed a difference.  :)

2) Undoubtedly there are other good things today but I'm not forcing myself to write them down.