Three Good Things Today ... Part 5

Started by Kizzie, December 22, 2018, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

1.  Delicious hydration drinks
2.  Icemaker so there's always plenty of ice for delicious hydration drinks.
3.  The fact that I'm finally feeling enough of a right to take up space to feel that it's okay for me to have an icemaker and delicious hydration drinks.

Kizzie

1. In our new home
2. Beautiful view over a wetland reserve
3. Amazing sunrises and sunsets

Three Roses

Blueberry

Quote from: Kizzie on October 27, 2019, 02:07:42 PM
1. In our new home
2. Beautiful view over a wetland reserve
3. Amazing sunrises and sunsets

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Kizzie, your post reminds me to look for 3 Good Things, no matter what is going on.
So, just for this evening: (1) I had the energy to wash the dishes and listened to an audio book while I was about it
          (2) This led to me having impetus to do more useful things
          (3) I got out my wallpaper stain-remover and started covering up smudges of this and that (mostly mosquitoes        from the summer)
          All this means I'm getting back on track. :)

Chris336

Personal care:  :cheer:
  Showered and dressed
  Ate breakfast and cleaned up after myself
  Took pills
Household care:  :applause:
  Took out garbage, brought in recycling bin
  Made the bed
  Put away some extra supplies into closet

Although these are small things, some days I feel I need to boost my courage, energy, and feelings with whatever I can.
:cheer:

-Chris336

Bach

Quote from: Chris336 on October 30, 2019, 02:24:12 PM
Personal care:  :cheer:
  Showered and dressed
  Ate breakfast and cleaned up after myself
  Took pills
Household care:  :applause:
  Took out garbage, brought in recycling bin
  Made the bed
  Put away some extra supplies into closet

Although these are small things, some days I feel I need to boost my courage, energy, and feelings with whatever I can.
:cheer:

-Chris336

Chris, I want to offer you an extra cheer because I can so relate to this post, and know so well how these things are not necessarily "small" at all.  Very well done!  :cheer:  And thank you.  You have inspired me. 

Not Alone

1. Work shift went by quickly.
2. Sweat pants and sweatshirt.
3. Contact (text and phone call) with two friends.

Bach

1. Kept myself safe on a very difficult day when I felt all kinds of self-destructive.
2. Ate reasonably and took all my pills.
3. Finished making freezer buckets of the turkey I cooked on Monday for this week's meal prep project.

Blueberry

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Bach! That's great - keeping yourself safe, taking pills and eating reasonably. On some days that's all I can do too, or even more than I can do. So that's a particular reason for me cheering you on  :)

Chris336

Sunshine! Sol is our gigantic powerhouse in the sky. It directly or indirectly gives so much of our energy.

The stars and other cosmic sources! They provide the test of Earth's energy.

Air, and in particular, oxygen! Every beat of my heart and cell in my brain appreciates the oxygen delivered from the Earth's air via my lungs.

Water! Because it makes our planet look gorgeous from space, and because it quenches my thirst when I'm thirsty.

Bach

I'm still hanging in there keeping myself safe during this prolonged excessively rough patch.

I fed my husband well this week to help with a hard week at work where he had to stay late every night.

I'm corresponding warmly with someone from my past with whom I had a difficult relationship filled with misunderstandings because when we knew each other we were young and neither of us yet understood our trauma-riddled lives.

Perplex

Quote from: Bach on November 02, 2019, 03:18:30 AM
I'm still hanging in there keeping myself safe during this prolonged excessively rough patch.

I fed my husband well this week to help with a hard week at work where he had to stay late every night.

I'm corresponding warmly with someone from my past with whom I had a difficult relationship filled with misunderstandings because when we knew each other we were young and neither of us yet understood our trauma-riddled lives.
This all sounds really good, I just want to give you a sincere thumbs up.

For myself...
#1. I'm making an effort to really reconnect with my friend from high school. Today we went shopping together.
#2. Lately I've been especially anxious about the streets and cars, but today I was able to cross roads without thinking about it too much.
#3. I bought a new manga and it's very wholesome.

Bach

1. I had some signs of life today. It was a better day than I have had for a long time.

2. I made a delicious gluten free pastry from scratch.

3. I did a load of laundry and worked on cleaning my room a little bit

Chris336

Quote from: Bach on November 02, 2019, 03:18:30 AM

Bach, I'm glad you are able to keep yourself safe during this period, and I hope things things start to become easier to handle soon. Self-care is incredibly important. Keep up the good work!  :thumbup:

woodsgnome

1. Catching up on rest.

2. Finding inspiration via a livestream event.

3. Feeling hope from all those fellow trauma survivors who choose to share the good/bad ups and downs of cptsd on this forum.  :grouphug: