More Christmas Magic

• 6 Replies

AncientSoul

• View Profile
More Christmas Magic
« on: December 23, 2018, 06:06:42 PM »
Hello Everyone:

Doing small things as I can, and am not at my home. A terrible storm happened where I live. But I had already booked a condo on the water for Christmas, and am warm and safe and trying to do little things to help the small community where I currently am.

And now as I write, the sun came out and is shining into the room where I am and sparkling off the water. It's like a smile on cue.

Though not being on much anymore, I find that I think of those here nearly every day. I keep wishing for healing for those that need healing. And I hope my words have not hurt anyone. My own mouth often says things before my brain can think them through. And I'm working on that.

Best Wishes to everyone. You are worth it!
And Merry Christmas to you all!

AncientSoul

Hope67

• View Profile
Re: More Christmas Magic
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
Hi AncientSoul,
I am glad that the sun is shining where you are, and that you are warm and safe on the Condo on the water - what a lovely place to be for Christmas. 
Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
Hope  :)

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 07:15:18 PM »
We just went through the worst wind storm in a decade while we were visiting our coast - lots of boats destroyed and tress down.  Very relieved to see the sun come out the day after and the water calm again  :sunny:

Best wishes for a lovely holiday and hope the sun continues to shine throughout.  :yes:

AncientSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:49:29 AM »
Sorry Kizzie that you have such damage from storms to deal with. I checked on my place and the power just came on, but then people around my place haven't power yet. Not until late Christmas Eve for them. Yet I am in such a beautiful place for Christmas, but no one can get here to share this with me, as they are still stuck in the storm damage.

And Hope, you're always a ray of special light and always you bring me a smile. Thank you, and wishing you well.

As for me, I can't believe how refreshing it is for me to be gone from my home. No looking over my shoulders and sleeping so well.

I've been going around the small towns where I am and getting into conversations with people. I've been spending money in little shops and asking them how they are doing. I love doing that so much, as every little bit helps to keep someone going.

Then instead of going out to a fancy restaurant, I'm cooking my own gourmet meal in the condo as I look over the water which is calm like a mirror. And before I got back, for some reason I stopped at a little store a few miles away. And as always, got into a conversation with the clerk who was all alone. Then she blurted out and asked me a question about her future. That has happened a lot to me in the past. So I spoke with her. She had gone to culinary school and asked me questions of which I had the answers. She needed confidence, as she was only 25 years old. So I listened to her ideas for quite a while, gave her some tips on how to accomplish her dream. Most of all, I told her to believe in herself. I don't think she's been told that very much.

As for me, I feel more like myself. And I feel happy tonight.

Sometimes all that someone needs is to know that someone cares.

AncientSoul

sanmagic7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »
i'm so glad for you that the feeling of having to look over your shoulder is at bay right now, that you're enjoying where you are and the people around you.  your tone as you've written about it seems so much lighter, like you've been able to shrug off a lot of cares.  i think it's great.  love and hugs, a.s.

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 06:09:53 PM »
So glad you're in a good place rn, AS. You are thought of often. Season's greetings!

AncientSoul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 07:50:19 AM »
The minutes are ticking down to Midnight and Christmas. I'm up drinking tea, sorting out my next chapter and though I am alone and definitely won't be getting any presents, I feel good. Sending off surprise gifts at the post office, and getting the clerk and the people waiting to laugh. Those are my presents.

So hoping that the Christmas Magic I've been thinking up will happen to you all!

Merry Christmas!

AncientSoul