Five things I like about myself

Started by Vrizzy, August 20, 2015, 12:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bach

Quote from: Bermuda on December 22, 2020, 05:44:13 PM
I see a lot of similarity in the responses and I wonder how much of these traits are CPTSD related, or for me possiblt spectrum related.

1. I try my hardest, am constantly learning, trying to be more sensitive to others, and bettering myself. I want to do better.

2. I empathise with all suffering. I can imagine.

3. I am aware of my own quirks.

4. I am honest, some would say to a fault, but I disagree. I don't mask my feelings well, and I want to know how others are truly feeling too.

5. I want to listen. I am not good with sympathy as an act, and I'm not good at conversation, but I want to hear others' stories and experiences. I truly want to. I am interested in the lives of others.

Bermuda, I relate to this.  This could be my list, too.  I think these are great qualities and that they are uncommon.  I have often wondered why my having these qualities seems to be what gets me into the most trouble in my interpersonal relationships.  I don't know very much about the spectrum and no one has ever said anything about me being on it, so I don't know about that part of it.  Perhaps I should read up on that.

PaperDoll

1. I am honest
2. I am reliable
3. I am conscientious
4. I am considerate
5. I am creative

Little2Nothing

1. I am creative
2. I like to study
3. I am kind to people
4. I deeply love my family
5. I haven't given up