Post assessment report

Started by Boatsetsailrose, December 24, 2018, 01:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hi all on a better keel this week and can manage 'my normal low to average anxiety '. Saw the nurse and that went well she is very supportive and offers practice help as well as psychological.
I am also going to a mental health support group on a monday with a friend and it is very good . nice facilitator (peer led) and people are sharing their inner experiences and also finding solutions amongst us ....feels.safe .
I have pip assessment on tuesday so did some prep with nurse and going to do a but more today . pip is personal independance payment for health and disability. It is a notoriously difficult benefit to get (but needed if one is to financially survive) and is based on how long functioning one is in daily living . the application and assessment process is mostly geared to physical health but i have support from an agency of how to move within the process having mh and also the nurse will actually be at the assessment which is amazingly helpful .
I am absolutely committed to pushing to get this benefit and highly aware that i may need to appeal ( about 70‰ of cases do. . .
Just hoping i don't get triggered again by the process of it ....
I believe in recovery and i believe in taking time out of working .....
Cptsd is a full time support job hey

Kizzie

Crossing my fingers you are able to get the PIP Boats,   :yes: 

Boatsetsailrose

Boatsetsailrose

OK so pip assessment this morning and i was really pleased i did much research about the process and got the support b4 hand it seemed to pay off. I was able to fill the bits in that were  missed and also when she wanted to get right into cptsd symptoms  i was able to give her the trauma worksheet and cptsd symptom sheets id filled out from our forum rather than re trigger myself .... I felt these tools gave such a good picture of my symptoms and history than i could have verbalised ... Thank you so much ...
Also when it came to memory i refused to do the simplistic test they set (I've had it b4 )  it does not assess  the problems i have in my daily functioning as  i can remember 3 words ! She said i had a right to refuse and all i had told her was enough for the assessment .
So the report and points system will arrive within 6 wks and I'll take it from there.
On a positive today i received news that the local council have issued me a disabled bus pass this not only saves me significant money but also is the first official recognition that cptsd  is a disability - a triumph - i feel lifted up :)

Three Roses

QuoteOn a positive today i received news that the local council have issued me a disabled bus pass this not only saves me significant money but also is the first official recognition that cptsd  is a disability - a triumph - i feel lifted up :)

:applause: awesome!

Kizzie

:cheer:   and    :applause:    and    :thumbup:

Yay to you Boats, progress!