Do you create play music to express the CPTSD?

Started by SunnyDays, December 28, 2018, 01:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays

Hello,  :grouphug:

I compose music, professional. Sometimes s my main job. And there's a constant battle here that can be translated in any other art form...

When I create music, I focus on angelic, peaceful, loving places. BUT sometimes I feel that I need to express the darkness. It's an inner battle. Jungian. The Shadow...

Does this indecision happen to you guys?
Which direction to go... A, B, or... both?

English is not my tongue language, I hope you can understand this.

Happy holidays,
Sunny

Three Roses

I will sometimes play music to express whatever emotion it is I'm having difficulty finding words for.

I mostly listen to peaceful music, but when I'm feeling angry I listen to loud metal. Sometimes listening to the blues helps me, or music expressing female strength.

I hope you find this helpful.
:heythere:

woodsgnome

I think music, and other forms of creative expression, are extremely helpful in restoring meaning to our lives.

I respond to various forms of music. I don't always realize it, but if I think back on what strikes a responsive chord, there's usually the emotion of somehow turning a corner against odds in a quest for peace, and humanity's ultimate potential for good.

While I love soft instrumental pieces, for lyrics I find myself moved mostly by those that speak of finding light even in darkness. It's a struggle, for sure, but somehow that light can filter in, through the cracks, a thought that Leonard Cohen inserted into one of his expressive lyrical wisdom pieces.

May you carry the burden, SunnyDays, and continue to create ways for working through the push/pull of those inner battles so many of us struggle with. This world needs that sort of creative  sharing. Music can do a lot to help accomplish this.