Being nobody

Started by Donna M, January 05, 2019, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sj

Thank you!, Donna, and to Kat and others who have described more about the ego states/ structural dissociation.

This sounds like what I have noticed in myself. I have spoken to my T about it, and she seemed to accept my attempts at description, certainly did not seems to dismiss in any way, but she also didn't elaborate or name anything, so I have never really pursued it as I thought perhaps it was normal for everyone.
I've sort of been aware for years of these distinct 'modes' of personality I go through, and only as I was really twigging to the effects of trauma did I start to see there was a connection to DID. I didn't feel what I experience was distinct and strong enough for a DID diagnosis, but I did start to wonder if it was like a kind of nascent form of it.

Anyway, I'm really grateful that you have mentioned it, Donna, so that others have had an opportunity to discuss it a bit more. I'm definitely going to try and find a copy of the book Kat mentioned, and try to find some online articles, too.

Glad you're here, and take care  :)

Donna M

Hello
More Stupidity from me.  I am confused about two different forums.  I don't know which one I should post on when I feel the need.  One is headed for CPTSD developed in Childhood, the other for in Adulthood.  I don't understand where I fall?  So basically, I have this condition because of long-term childhood trauma, but did not get diagnosed until adulthood.  I had further significant trauma in adulthood which triggered the underlying risk to developing this condition.  It is suggested that my frontal lobe would have developed differently in childhood due to trauma, but I am told had this further adult trauma not occurred, I would not likely have developed CPTSD, though, I had BPD and Depression, BPD likely inherited.  Can someone please tell me which of the two I can post on?  I am very confused.  The Childhood one has more headings familiar to me? (re abuse). But that also occurred as a trigger as an adult.  I'm sorry, you have all took so much time replying to me in the first place and here I am, being completely stupid again! :thumbdown:

Boatsetsailrose

Hi donna
Stupid is the language of the inner critic hey you and all.of us here don't strike me as  stupid just human..
I can see you dilemma
As you say long term child trauma happened and the childhood tab  has more familiar headings so sounds like that is a good place.
For me in my recovery i always tend to go with what started first (primary)
Adult trauma section is always open to you as that is also your added experience ...
My suggestion is post where ever you feel and are drawn to wanting to and you will get the most from. no one is vetting that and as a survivor of both you have all of it open to you..

Asking questions and checking things out is really good self care I'm learning to do that more ..

Donna M

Ha, indeed that inner critic is no friend of mine:) thanks will go for where it started too :)