New to OOTS

Started by Not Alone, January 21, 2019, 12:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I am blessed to have several friends who know in general what I am going through. However, that is not the same as getting support from others who share similar struggles. I found this website yesterday and I could relate to so much of what others had written. It helps me to feel less crazy and less alone.

woodsgnome

Hi Notalone,  :wave:

"Less crazy" and "less alone" can seem like distant dreams sometimes, but I hope that you, like others here, can at least find some fellow travelers here. The difference here in most cases is that, to varying degrees, all have walked through those crazy, lonely times and how we're still trying to cope with the aftereffects.

I hope you find that both the crazy and alone parts will diminish via whatever you choose to share here. OOTS is a safe oasis in which to reach out and touch others who get it.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Notalone, glad you found your way here  :heythere:   

Connecting with others who "get it" does seem to be a major part of recovery and healing  :yes:  I hope you find that here.  :hug:

Three Roses

Boatsetsailrose

Hi not alone
Thank you for sharing.
yes like you i found and continue to find so much here that i identify with and gives me relief .
To have others who truly understand as they go through similar and have collective resources and tools to aid my recovery is priceless.
We are not alone anymore

Sending u best wishes

Kat

Welcome!  Glad you're here.

Jdog

Welcome!  It's always nice to meet new folks here.  No, you are not alone.  Many of us have found solace here.  Glad you came aboard.

Not Alone

Thank you, everyone, for your warm welcomes. To be acknowledged with warmth is meaningful.