Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Not Alone

Glad today is a bit better. Just wanted to send you support.  :hug:

Jdog

:hug:  Glad you are felling better!

Blueberry

Glad that you're feeling better, and that when you weren't, your H cooked dinner and looked after the dog. Such a relief when you can just let things go and not have to bother.

Three Roses

Today, feeling very down again. I've got an overshare hangover. Time to retreat again. Went out to lunch with someone I thought could be a friend.  :Idunno:

She's someone I met at church - a conservative group of people in this case. I wish I could find like-minded, liberal, spiritual people to hang with. I could use more friends.

Tee

I understand I have one friend who understands.  It's hard to feel so alone.  You are not alone.   :hug:

I hope you find a friend that you can find confined in and hang with. :grouphug:

Jdog

Here's hoping you find those liberal spiritual people in real life.  There are a bunch of us here online, but that's cold comfort when you want to go for coffee and just feel understood.

Don't give up the search.   :hug:

Three Roses

SharpAndBlunt

sanmagic7

dang, i hate it when i decide to take that chance w/ someone and it turns its back on me.  i get wanting to retreat after that.   :stars:   here's hoping you find someone with whom you can share, a like-minded person.  that would be great!!!!  sending love and  :hug: :hug: :hug:

MoonBeam

Hi Three Roses. I haven't heard the term "overshare hangover", but it's brilliant.  So accurate! and so uncomfortable.  Just wanted to say I completely understand how you feel.

I just discovered a bead store--glass, stone and clay, even a few crystals.  They offer jewelry making classes and a table where one can just sit and make jewelry--for beginners and pro's alike.  I'm hoping to find some kindred folks there or at least some safe like-minded company. Perhaps there is a little shop like that or a cool bookstore, art store or cafe to check out where you live.  It's so hard to show up, but it's worth the bumps for me to not feel so isolated. Hang in.   :hug:

Three Roses

That's a great idea! There is a place near me that is like that - not beads or jewelry but craft projects like painting pottery. Wonderful idea! I'll look into it.

Thanks to everyone who responded - I'd list you individually but I'm too tired. Sorry.  :grouphug:

My overshare hangover is better. After all, she shared some things with me, too, from her own background. I do have friends but none of them are geographically close, they're all an hour or more away. So I'm looking for some one that's closer to me, that I can have lunch with etc. Plus, I am in my 60s now, and statistically it's more difficult for women my age to make new friends.

But her political ideology is so different from mine, idk if this person is a good choice for me. Maybe a casual friendship with her would work, we both love gardening.

Thanks for all the support, everyone.

sanmagic7

unfortunately, in this political climate, sharing ideology seems pretty important cuz it's so divided.  i'm in a similar situation.  that's a great idea from moonbeam - i hope you find someone close by.  it would be great!    :yes:

keep taking care of you.  much love and lots of hugs.   :grouphug:

Three Roses

Sometimes I have to laugh at myself - the person texted me today and said she went home and looked up some of the stuff we talked about and said she now sees that something she'd always believed in was incorrect. So I guess I have to give her more credit, for being more open minded than I thought.

Tee