Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueberry

Wattlebird

Im sorry you're going through this 3r
:hug: :hug:

Three Roses

Thank you, Wattlebird and Blueberry, for the support.  :hug:

Feeling better today. "It is what it is." I am letting go of the dysfunctional feelings of responsibility for the decisions of others. I am responsible for myself and recognize I have no control over anything else. I am no worse and no better than anyone; we are all imperfect.

Will read in my Al Anon literature a bit today, and maybe some other recovery literature. Might be helpful.

Hope67

Quote from: Three Roses on February 12, 2019, 06:12:47 PM
Feeling better today. "It is what it is." I am letting go of the dysfunctional feelings of responsibility for the decisions of others.

Sending you a hug of support Three Roses  :hug:
Hope  :)

Sceal

I am sorry to hear you're going through a rough time, and that your child is also struggling with something right now.
I hope that it will get better soon, for the both of you.

It is so very true that you are not responsible for others decisions, only your own. I think it sounds like a good move to let go of the notion you are responsible for the choices others make.

I hope the literature was helpful for you!

woodsgnome

Three Roses  :hug:

I'm interested in metaphors, which sometimes contradict "reality" but can also inspire inner thoughts which make more sense. I sense you're at a corner of self-insight and perhaps this little observation might help.

So in writing journals (or anything) you start with a blank page. You then write in it some, or a lot, or whatever. The next page is always blank, and it's always in your control. Yes, you can still revisit the old pages, try to put a new light on them, or just accept them as where you were at that moment ... and ... now, it's a new moment, new page, new blank slate; perhaps a whole new story emerging.

I know, it's only a silly metaphor, etc. Still it's sometimes helped me out of some nasty thinking patterns, so just thought I'd share it for the discovery turn in your ongoing journey.

Three Roses

Thank you, Hope, Sceal and Woodsgnome! Each of your comments helped me. Hearing others' thoughts on things always brings issues into a sharper focus.

🥀🥀🥀

I have been having lots of revelations regarding anger and violence lately, personal insights into the hows and whys of the formation of my world view. I'm not really ready to put these into written form yet but I hope to be able to soon. I know I need a lot of help with the issue of anger.

Blueberry

Standing with you on the anger issue. ime too the written form comes when I'm ready for it. Good to go at your own pace :yes:  :hug:

Hope67

Quote from: Three Roses on February 18, 2019, 09:42:44 PM
I know I need a lot of help with the issue of anger.

:grouphug: Standing with you on this, Three Roses - I feel the same way about the issue of anger. 
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

right beside you, 3r.  anger can be one of the toughest, that's for sure.     :pissed:   often what we're taught about being angry is so contradictory to how healthy and natural anger really is, that we become frightened of it in ourselves and others, or we believe it's somehow wrong - it can take a million different forms.   :aaauuugh:

here's hoping you can get thru this with a minimal amount of distress.     :hug: :hug: :hug:

Three Roses

Major, MAJOR ef yesterday, dealing with the aftermath. I acted out. Full of shame and hopelessness today.

Jdog

Sending you caring and friendship during this difficult time, 3Roses.  Shame is a sticky substance that holds on even when we have no further use for it.  Be as compassionate with yourself as you would be with another whom you dearly love.  You deserve a break! :hug:

woodsgnome

Blueberry

sanmagic7

o, sweetie,

i echo jdog's sentiment about being compassionate with yourself as you are with all of us.  we, all of us, have been there   :stars: and you have been always so accepting, caring, and kind when we act out.  i hope you can find some of what you give so freely for yourself.

:grouphug: and lots of love.  wanna meet me on the porch?  seems like a good day for it.