Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

I've been inspired by a couple of posts I've read today.

H and I had a little situation earlier today. We had a stressful situation we had to deal with that required a lot of discussion. We both stated our views and desired outcomes and came to a mutually respectful agreement.

It seems like the only time I post here about him is when we're having troubles or conflict. So I'd like to give him equal billing now for his ability to heal and grow along with me.

It can't be easy living with me. And the Universe knows he hasn't always been a dream, either! But, we each recognize that ours is not the only viewpoint and that somewhere in the middle there's a peaceful place where we can each have our needs met. I really do love him, and I feel loved by him. It's possible to have good relationships, even with cptsd. 😊💖

sanmagic7

first, good luck w/ the shrink.  i know the feeling of having a doc appt., suddenly my symptoms disappear.  yeah, we can fool ourselves, for sure.

second, good for you and your hub.  it's wonderful to see how you two are working on things.  inspiring, actually.  love and hugs, sweetie.

Jazzy

That's great Three Roses, good for you for giving him praise as well. :)

Jdog

Hi-

I also want to congratulate you and your H for working out a solution to what sounds to have been a tricky problem between you.  Yes, even with cptsd we can function in relationships.  BTW my intimate partner has even more issues than I do and we still make it work. 

Good job! :cheer:

Not Alone

Thanks for sharing about H. It encourages me.

Tee

Blueberry

Quote from: Jazzy on August 30, 2019, 11:01:52 PM
That's great Three Roses, good for you for giving him praise as well. :)

:yeahthat:  :hug:

Hope67

:hug: to you Three Roses.
Hope  :)

SharpAndBlunt

Quote from: Three Roses on August 30, 2019, 10:19:39 PMIt's possible to have good relationships, even with cptsd. 😊💖

That's great, Three Roses, thanks for sharing  :) :hug:

Three Roses

San, Jazzy, Jdog, notalone, Tee, Blueberry, Hope, SharpAndBlunt -  :grouphug:

🥀🥀🥀

OH boy! Tomorrow is my appointment, first time ever seeing a psychiatrist. The nerves are coming out! I have my notes written out, and stashed in my wallet - my list of questions - I know I'll freeze up and not remember what I want to say and ask without them, so now all I have to do is remember to take them out of my wallet! Fingers crossed! 🤞

Jdog

Fingers crossed with you!  An exciting step toward more healing!! :grouphug:

Jazzy

All the best Three Roses, I hope it goes well.

One thing you can do, is to set a reminder on your phone to go off 5 minutes before your appointment starts. Have it remind you to take out your notes, then just hold them in your hand until you're talking to the psychiatrist. I've had to do this a few times when there was something especially important I had to bring up.

Tee

:hug: good luck I'll be thinking of you. :hug:

woodsgnome

Hoping you'll be able to build on so much of what you've already accomplished in your journeys.  :hug:

Three Roses

Jdog, Tee, Woodsgnome - thanks!  :grouphug:

Jazzy, good idea! Thanks :grouphug: